Steve don't--been plugging away at that site for years...lucky to get a quarter most of the time...cjc

Congrats Clive! How deep was the ring?

41 minutes ago, cudamark said:

Congrats Clive! How deep was the ring?

...I would say 15 to 18--inches that is-- about the third scoop with the big Stealth 720.  I learned more from hearing that one signal than from all the rest of the time with the AQ.  Nice optimization almost like my beloved 'Cuda...

I can see that this detector has a narrow optimal range--aluminum and gold but the aluminum sounds weak and not as "elastic" as Denis put it...more centered.

I know from running my GQA2 and CS6PI for decades to listen to the "sides" of the signal--tells you everything.  

cjc

• Like 3

Very beautiful ring Clive,  very yellow gold !
yes, gold always gives a sound that stretches
elastic is a good definition
the sound of aluminum, suddenly falls to him
you have to get your ear / you must already have it :))

how much weighs, the big bracelet 22k
who is the problem ?
we have not done any test, with jewels over 50 gr monobloc (gold)
not common to find ..
there is surely a tipping point / determined by the weight of the gold
but it remains, really special and rare cases

• Like 1

Good Job Clive

Nice to see you start out with a bang .....

Hope to see my unit soon ,tried to order the eight inch coil .

As extra like the extra battery.....may have to wait till they make a few on that one ,

but read about on the AU or gold proto on the forum here ....Great Job Steve ...

Good Hunting ....like dat old gold...

jimpugh

• Like 1
4 hours ago, LE.JAG said:

Very beautiful ring Clive,  very yellow gold !
yes, gold always gives a sound that stretches
elastic is a good definition
the sound of aluminum, suddenly falls to him
you have to get your ear / you must already have it :))

how much weighs, the big bracelet 22k
who is the problem ?
we have not done any test, with jewels over 50 gr monobloc (gold)
not common to find ..
there is surely a tipping point / determined by the weight of the gold
but it remains, really special and rare cases

Thanks for your reply, Denis--will give that some thought.   Setting is 7.3 22k

good luck clive

Great ring!!! I wonder if the owner actually found that stone? It seems he had it hand mounted as best as he or someone could. Very crude setting. Who knows how old it is.  I'm assuming the signal was fairly quiet but wide and steady?

Congratulations on the old 22k, a real stunner! ☠️

22 hours ago, cjc said:

Very nice signal on the AQ sounding bigger than it was and very clean

Good report Clive! I like these words above..

I've been digging (AM) faints only at this one spot. Yesterday the faints were rare to find so I started digging..... (thinking) less shallow targets that gave a good response. Several of those targets were deeper then I thought and good targets.

I put a audio cut off on one of my battery systems and the audio on shallow targets are so strong (loud) I can still hear them faintly when the circuit is open (disconnected).

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By stevejhgla
      I absolutely love the extra ground coverage it gives me. 
      Still playing with the settings, today it was running smooth at 18 sensitivity/4 recovery speed underwater and 23 sensitivity/4 recovery speed in the wet sand. 
      After scoring 3 .925 peices doing up and downs on the shore line (found a rusty screw line not a coin line lol), I decided to continue them into the water.  Low tide was half an hour away and dawn was slowly approaching. 
      About 10 feet in, on my first line into the water, BAM! Solid 9, 2-4 inches down.  The excitement start flowing through my veins.
      First scoop, Cartier platinum ring. 🤑
      Gotta love that Fresh Drop Factor.

• By Againstmywill
      I had about an hour before we were going fishing for fish this morning, so what better to do than to dirt fish? I was trying out a new set of aptX LL BT earbuds that were ordered for when the other ones start to fail. They paired fine, but they certainly were not fast. If I'm running 7 recovery, I don't want them to sound like a 3 recovery. I disconnected them and continued to hunt. About 5 minutes into no earbuds, I got a strong 11 ID. Not knowing what it really sounds like, having taken the earbuds out, I decided to dig as it seemed like a robust signal. The Carrot was able to hit the object from the surface, so it wasn't too far down. There are no markings, but from the looks of it, it appears to be about 18K based on my wedding band at 14K. I believe this makes 10 gold rings/necklaces for the year. To my recollection, all found with the 15" coil with 7 recovery. I remember the first few years of detecting when I found no gold. I really appreciate this machine! Florida weather doesn't hurt either, as it is far easier digging in non-frozen soil year-round! Almost forgot...fished for fish for 4 hours and didn't catch a thing. 🤪

• By Mike Hillis
      I haven't been able to get out very much due to work and this COVID thing, but the few times I was able to get out were productive.    
      I hadn't used my EuroTek Pro in a long while so I broke it out and found this nice little 10K gold bracelet in school playground a few weeks back.
      While getting re-acquainted with my new Tek Omega 8500 I found a couple of silver rings.  
      Been going nuts so while I was bench testing last night I decided to throw up a picture.   Maybe it will encourage some one to get out and find something.
      HH
      Mike

• By Compass
      ...hits a big silver chain in his first beach hunt! In baseball a batter has hit for the cycle when they get a single, double, triple and home-run all in one game. I sort of hit for the cycle on a recent hunt by finding an earring, ring, bracelet and neck chain (all sterling silver).
      However, on the previous day I took a friend along for his first real beach hunt and set him up with my old Whites Pro PI. That day I found 5 rings, all junk save one small silver but my friend scooped out a 26 gram, badly tarnished, sterling silver chain which I took home to clean for him. He hasn't seen it yet but I think he will be pleasantly surprised.

My friend's chain is the one on the outer perimeter. My "cycle" finds are inside of it. As much as I would have loved to have found that big silver I was honestly thrilled for him and think that he may now be hooked on the hobby.
      GL&HH!

• By Dan(NM)
      Well, my lake hunting days are coming to end due to a move to Hamilton TX very soon. Had a very good day hunting at the waterline as the lake level continues to drop. Ended up with 5 rings, 3 silver, 1 10k class ring and a junk toe ring. 2 of the silver rings are James Avery's. I'll begin to track down the owner of the class ring. I can't make out the year as it's almost completely worn off. But, maybe the school can fill in the blanks.

The bigger silver ring hit at 32-34...the other 2, solid 26...the 10k gold ring locked on at 14

• By Compass
      Spent a nice day at the beach chasing the tide out. Only found about 8 coins but 3 rings (1 gold, 2 silver), a thin silver chain with silver name tags and a large copper bracelet.  

When I tried to untangle the silver chain it broke in a couple of places and when cleaning the bracelet I knocked out some mother of pearl inlay. 

The gold band is stamped 14K and weighs 4 grams. Not the biggest ring but a beautiful sight lying in the wet sand.

The bracelet is stamped "Mexico cobre". Cobre is Spanish for copper. Not valuable but a different and fun find.
      GL&HH!