New Tek Weatherproof Headphones By Koss

I'm going to try out the new Tek weatherproof headphones with the 8500    They are really designed for use with the armrest headphone jack models like the T2 and F75 but I have an extension cord that allows me to use them with the 8500

These are very nice weather proof Koss models made for 1st Texas. I've had them awhile and I've used them with my F75, Impact and Gold Kruzer, V3 and Etrac.   Audio wise I find them to be on par with the White's Prostars.   I don't have any problem recommending them and they are reasonably priced.

HH
Mike

Tek waterproof phones.jpg

https://www.tekneticsdirect.com/products/Weatherproof Headphones

These metal detecting headphones are designed by Koss for Teknetics® following our stringent product specifications.  They are weatherproof to IPX4 specifications to withstand the harshest weather conditions. Our Headphones have superior sound quality, dual volume control and are noise isolating. Teknetics® has created these high quality, weatherproof headphones ideal for beginner detectorists and professional treasure hunters alike, now at a very affordable price. 

• Weatherproof IPX4
  • Comfortable Over the Ear Design
  • Dual Volume Control
  • Noise Isolating
  • High Performance Sound Quality 18-20,000 Hz frequency
  • 5 ft 60 in Coiled Cord with ¼” Jack
  • 2 Year Warranty
  • Folds Up for Compact Storage and Convenient Travel
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Mike Hillis said:

I'm going to try out the new Tek weatherproof headphones with the 8500

I"ll be interested in reading how well they block out ambient noise.  For some of my sites (near busy roads and highways) that is very important.  You recommended the White's ProStars to me by PM and those worked well for a long time, although eventually they developed a problem in one of the channels.  I since discovered the Garrett PS-2's which are half the price and about equal sound quality.  Neither blocks out the noise as well as the SunRay Pro Golds, though.  However, those are about 4x the cost of the PS-2's (~$120 vs. ~$30-$35).  The Pro Golds (for me) also really improve the sound of the Minelab Equinox, better than any of my other (many) sets of headphones, including the Minelab supplied ML-80's.  As always, YMMV.

When I get a chance to hit the mountains and deserts (not often enough by a long shot), even the wind can be a problem which makes the Pro Golds my 1st choice.  However, your recommendation (ProStars) was spot on, so I look forward to your next review.

• Like 2

Looks like the cord is replaceable too.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/24/2020 at 2:48 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

Look like good headphones, and the $49 price is sure more like it. Headphones are one of those areas where we have seen a lot of overpriced product over the years. With detector prices coming down headphones were bound to also. 

I can't seem to be able to find a code that reduces the HP to $49. Can anyone clue me in? 

41 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Go to

https://www.tekneticsdirect.com/products/Weatherproof Headphones

Click on the word “code”.....

27B4C606-37E8-42C5-B5FA-FB7619DBA204.jpeg

Select the dealer you want to credit with the sale (they will get a kickback) and you will be given their code. Rick Kempf in Arizona, for instance, is A1485

Yea, did that. But the discount it shows is only 

Coupon         $-17.85

When you proceed thru the checkout, it goes even wonkier with the Discount $30.80. $119-30.80= $88.20. They add back in tax of $8.35 and somehow end up back at nearly the original price - $109 versus $119 list.

Subtotal $119.00
  Coupon $-30.80
  Shipping $0.00
  Taxes $8.35
  Total $109.50
Must be new math. At least they got free shipping right. Cheaper on Amazon.

• Sad 1

• 6 months later...