Equinox Software Update 3.0...

GKman

16 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Finally, cool down vest dude in the promo pic, quit admiring yourself in the truck windshield and start swinging that Equinox, ya prima donna slacker!  Since you don't have a digger, looks like you are going to have to get those french manicured nails dirty.

If the guy in the photo next to the info for the Version 3 Update actually tried to swing that Equinox, he would have to shorten his swing arm about 4" or the arm cuff will hit him in the lower fore arm..........

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jeff McClendon said:

If the guy in the photo next to the info for the Version 3 Update actually tried to swing that Equinox, he would have to shorten his swing arm about 4" or the arm cuff will hit him in the lower fore arm..........

I just know the guys he came with put a pull tab or two underneath his coil cover.  That's what I would have done...

Then there would be the planted silver ploy - hey slacker, how come you haven't found any silver yet...we each got 3 a piece so far...

Then he would be subject to the dreaded "carpet of rotted zincolns".

All good fun when initiating a new member into our detecting club...

We had to put a stop to it when 80-year-old Mrs. Simpson beat our club president to a pulp with a pinpointer once she got wind of the shenanigans.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Good thing we have this forum and cooperative posters like you.  If it were up to me finding out directly from Minelab (I did register my warranty) I'd be SOL.  Maybe they'd be more helpful in dealing with me if I ratted out the other detector companies on one of their surveys.

You got that right. I can’t even find it on the Minelab website without the direct link. It’s not on the Equinox page under downloads or software.

I will be updating mine as soon as I hear some feedback from those who have tried it.

If it is good I will do the update, if it makes no difference Why should I.

6 minutes ago, 2Valen said:

if it makes no difference Why should I.

I don't think I have ever had an update that "makes no difference."

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, flakmagnet said:

I don't think I have ever had an update that "makes no difference."

No, but I've had a few that made things worse!  Fortunately, ML takes the risk out of the equation by allowing you to easily roll back to a previous stable version.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Like Steve, I fail to see the real significance of adding 4kHz vs 5kHz.  If it's truly for deeper larger targets, especially designed for Asia, I don't see any benefit for me along the Florida beaches.  Now if I were after a large treasure chest buried deep along the treasure coast, perhaps.  The chances of that however are below zero.  If it's to help with the 5kHz EMI why not just select one of the other available freqs?  I haven't had any issues in that regard where I hunt however. 

I'm always leery about new updates that don't directly apply to or improve my situation.  I'm of the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" camp. I think I'll stay with what I have for now until I get more applicable information.  What am I missing here?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RobNC said:

Did they stabilize the ID numbers

I don't speak French and barely understand it, but look at the screen numbers now...Lot less bouncy

• Like 1