Equinox Software Update 3.0...

GKman

Be

12 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Maybe our Aussie and Kiwi posters will be able to get to the bottom of that question soon. I have no idea!

Jeff

I would think that folks on the forum that are actually from the continent of Asia might even be better sources of that information.  I am surprised that none have chimed in.

• Like 1

Ok, it is updated.  Very simple after you download the program.  It finds the detector as soon as you plug it in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

One odd side note - the Minelab Safety Instruction brochure that comes in the Vanquish box shows that the detector radio frequency specification for both the Vanquish (all models) and the Equinox (both models) to be 5 to 143 khz.  I wonder if the 4 khz addition invalidates the original FCC Part 15C (and the international standards) certification...I'll let ML's engineers and lawyers untangle that one.  LOL.

That really hit my funny bone!  Dances with Doves has been campaigning for a higher single frequency than 40 kHz and they've allowed for all the way up to 143 kHz(!) but slammed the door shut at 5 kHz low end.  When it's time to give us a new one, they choose 4 kHz.  Maybe they anticipated 44, or 64 or... (but I guess not 144) kHz?  Minelab seldom gets accused of listening to their loyal customers, so I guess they are being consistent.  Toast that at the next Codan stockholders meeting.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Be

I would think that folks on the forum that are actually from the continent of Asia might even be better sources of that information.  I am surprised that none have chimed in.

Our Aussie and Kiwi friends on this forum may be able to get information from Minelab insiders easier than we can in the US. That is what I was referring to. Sorry I wasn't more clear.

• Like 1

I just installed the update. My realm of detecting is in the salt water and wet salt sand when the waves get the best of me. My hope is that one of the "various stability enhancements" might enable me to hunt with a little more sensitivity in the salt water without all the chattiness, hence a little more stability.  I'll find out tomorrow and will let you know what I think.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, okara gold said:

I just installed the update. My realm of detecting is in the salt water and wet salt sand when the waves get the best of me. My hope is that one of the "various stability enhancements" might enable me to hunt with a little more sensitivity in the salt water without all the chattiness, hence a little more stability.  I'll find out tomorrow and will let you know what I think.

U speakin my language!!!!   Will check-in tomorrow! 

Minelab must be confident the update does what it says.  I would think that many people in their company have received and installed the update before they release it to the public.  We know it adds the 4 khz for example.  What we don't know and maybe they don't know either are some of the additional effects.  

I just returned from 3 hours of beach hunting.  I use mostly Beach 1 at 23.  To me it sounds better.  I'll make a separate thread.  I'm not going back to any previous versions!

• Like 3

I tried to update this morning on using my Mac, which worked fine for the last update.  It isn't showing that version 3 is available. Anybody else have this problem?

Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 6.29.59 AM.png

I think ML updates are embedded into the update utility, therefore you would need to discard old and download the latest one from the website.

I did mine today, went fine. Not sure if I need to reset the unit before and after though as with previous versions, but I did anyway.