Equinox Software Update 3.0...

GKman

21 minutes ago, Bash said:

I tried to update this morning on using my Mac, which worked fine for the last update.  It isn't showing that version 3 is available. Anybody else have this problem?

Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 6.29.59 AM.png

Yes, as Nordic says above, you need to download and run the new update installer.  You ran the version 2 installer.

47 minutes ago, nordic said:

I think ML updates are embedded into the update utility, therefore you would need to discard old and download the latest one from the website.

I did mine today, went fine. Not sure if I need to reset the unit before and after though as with previous versions, but I did anyway.

30 minutes ago, TedinVT said:

Yes, as Nordic says above, you need to download and run the new update installer.  You ran the version 2 installer.

Thanks!  All bettah!  Off to the Park!

Wonder why they embed the update instead of just downloading the update file into the app? 🤔

I followed the link at the beginning of this thread.  I downloaded the program to my hard drive.  I opened the program from the hard drive and hooked up the 'on' detector when it said connect.  It updated and said finished.

When I went to use my detector at the beach all of my 'settings' had not been changed.  I didn't need to reset.  It was more simple than I just described.  

3 hours ago, Bash said:

Wonder why they embed the update instead of just downloading the update file into the app? 🤔

Just their choice I guess, could be many reasons. For example, while web browser is allowed through local firewall, update app could be blocked and stuff like that, which would make user experience poor. Or firmware encapsulation is better through single executable. It also allows to switch the firmware in the field without Internet connection. There is probably pros and cons with either way...

3 hours ago, Bash said:

So that anyone downloading the latest updater gets access to all prior versions in one download. Keeps it clean and simple, versus people later asking and wondering where to get version xxx, like in this thread.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, midalake said:

U speakin my language!!!!   Will check-in tomorrow! 

I got to the beach at 06:30 and the swells were intermittent but impressive. I hunted the wet sand switching between Beach 1 and 2. Didn't notice any differences in sensitivity settings. As I love to hunt the water I saw numerous openings in the swells that looked calm. So in I went... Bad decision... I could walk and swing ok with the numerous swells lifting me up 3 feet in the air and gently placing me down again. But when it was time to dig a target I could not stay on it too long as I was abruptly placed several feet away from it. This scenario lasted about 20 minutes and I finally threw in the towel. So... I cannot honestly say as to whether the update enabled me to squeak out another digit of sensitivity or not as everything was in motion. Next time...

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 1

On 7/28/2020 at 10:56 AM, Dances With Doves said:

My friend says it is not  on Minelabs website and   won't     do it  till it is.

Here’s the link...

https://www.minelab.com/usa/equinox-software-update-3-0

V3 is on Minelab’s website...

I’ve been running v3.0 since yesterday.  The Pinpoint functionality (low volume sometimes) still exists.  Everything else about the functionality, aside from 4 KHz single freq mode, feels the same as the earlier version.

4 kHz is definitely more EMI friendly (even at near max sens) for the areas I hunt....although the deeper target ID’s are a bit off (targets read higher).  Also in 4 kHz mode, crown caps hit strong in the mid 30’s....I will still hunt in Multi-freq, with sens at 22-24, so whenever I detect a deep iffy target in an area where the EMI won’t calm down, I’ll switch to the 4 kHz mode to get a better read on it...it will def help out in my decision making to dig or not dig.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, no scoop, long pants, and sandals are not the hot ticket in my book! 👎

• Haha 1