Equinox Software Update 3.0...

GKman

Other than adding 4K what are the advantages or benefits of V3.  If you say stability enhancements please explain what that means.  Also is this the ONLY enhancement to V3.

6 minutes ago, MM32KY said:

Other than adding 4K what are the advantages or benefits of V3.  If you say stability enhancements please explain what that means.  Also is this the ONLY enhancement to V3.

Huh ?   "Enhancements" ?  " Advantages" ?  If these advantages are what you're after, then why are you looking at the Whites V3, in the first place ?  I don't understand 😞

4 hours ago, Tom_in_CA said:

Huh ?   "Enhancements" ?  " Advantages" ?  If these advantages are what you're after, then why are you looking at the Whites V3, in the first place ?  I don't understand

This thread is about the Minelab Equinox software upgrade version 3.x.  I assume that's what MM32KY means when he says V3.

IMO those questions are better directed at Minelab since they are the ones who used (at least some) of those words.  Most of what we users on DetectorProspector.com have learned (or feel we've experienced) regarding this latest software update can be found in this thread now approaching 250 posts.

The 4 kHz single frequency addition is the easy one to agree upon.  After that,...?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MM32KY said:

1 hour ago, GB_Amateur said:

Most of what we users on DetectorPrpospector.com have learned (or feel we've experienced) regarding this latest software update can be found in this thread now approaching 250 posts.

I agree... the entire thread addresses the question just asked very late in the thread, no point in repeating it all. Just review the thread. :smile:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dances With Doves said:

For you tech.guys is it possible for  Minelab to add 60 kz. to the gold modes  by doing a  update  to the current machines ?

It's possible. It's also probable there is little to nothing to be gained by doing such a thing. This article explains why.

https://www.detectorprospector.com/magazine/steves-reviews/minelab-gold-monster-1000-nugget-metal-detector/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 11 months later...
5 hours ago, Turhan said:

do you guys reccomend this update for Equinox 600 ? im using mine as it comes out of the box 

underwater use only should i upgrade it to 3.0 ?

If it is new, it may already have the 3.0 upgrade. If not, you can get it here:

Minelab Equinox Software Updater

The update seems more stable and includes the 4kHz single frequency option added. You can always roll back the software to a previous version if you want to.

• Like 2