Marathon Lake Hunt For Some Nice Finds

Talk about cleaning up. Congratulations on some nice finds. 

HH

Mike

• Like 1

You're going to make Joe Beachnut envious, and that's got to be almost impossible to do!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikeguard01 said:

Talk about cleaning up. Congratulations on some nice finds. 

HH

Mike

Thanks Mike, One of the Rangers at this particular lake once told me that I couldn't detect where I was hunting so I sent an e-mail to the Chief explaining what I did and the kinds of trash and hazardous materials that I was removing from the water. I got a reply giving me permission so yes, I literally do clean up the beach and often find some nice treasure as well. 😉

• Like 2

Mike said it! You sure cleaned up..Great report on the rake also...

I just got in so I may have get back out there to top that day out!! Your going to love the AQ...

10 hour day, they would be fishing me out of the water if I tried that...😁

16 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

You're going to make Joe Beachnut envious, and that's got to be almost impossible to do!

Please GB_Amateur...I appreciate the comment but OBN is in a league by himself! To use another baseball analogy Joe is the Sultan of Swing while I play small-ball. I think that OBN has at least twice as many gold rings this year as I do and the average weight of his rings is probably at least 2-3 times heavier than the average ring I find. He also finds vintage jewelry lost over 100 years ago- something I don't think I have ever done.

The main thing I have going for me is that I am blessed with the good health and stamina to hunt longer than anybody I know. Yesterday's hunt was 10 hours but I was tempted to keep going. My gold fever is borderline addictive sometimes.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Mike said it! You sure cleaned up..Great report on the rake also...

I just got in so I may have get back out there to top that day out!! Your going to love the AQ...

Thanks Joe, My total gold weight was about 7.5 grams so it won't take much to top that! I do like the rose gold ring though- it is more like something I might find at the beach and not at the lake I was hunting at.

Fantastic hunt, wish I could have been there.

Thanks for sharing the photos!

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Like 1

Jeeeeez, take it eeeeasy! Man save some for the next guy! 
 CONGRATS!

• Like 1