Marathon Lake Hunt For Some Nice Finds

Jeeeeeeeez 10 hours thats hard core but you smasked it !!!

Congrats

RR

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mn90403 said:

So, I'm just curious where Marathon Lake is ... now I don't need to go there!  haha

I wouldn't mind sharing that information except that my close hunting buddies know where I live and things could get ugly! :laugh:

5 hours ago, Skullgolddiver said:

Good Job!

Imho ,leave the rake as a second step...Until You can hear neat signals with a 6", there's still something good to be found!Take it when silence take place...Or...Change coil and do it again😎

Thanks Diver, What you are saying makes sense, of course, and I'll probably wind up doing just that but right now I am still curious about the potential of this "tool" and how to best use it. I have set a goal of finding a nice, high quality, gold chain with it and I have a couple of promising spots I want to try it at.

1 hour ago, Rivers rat said:

Jeeeeeeeez 10 hours thats hard core but you smasked it !!!

Congrats

RR

Thank you Rat, I can't believe how fast the hours seem to fly by when I am detecting. I used to hunt, get tired, find a gold ring and say to myself, "okay, that's good enough". I now realize how much treasure I walked away from. I still get tired, of course, but I try to not be satisfied with 1 or 2 nice finds when I know that there are more there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Compass said:

I wouldn't mind sharing that information except that my close hunting buddies know where I live and things could get ugly! :laugh:

Oh, I didn't mean I need directions.  You already told all of us the name ... Marathon Lake.  It will be easy to find now!  

• Haha 1

Oops! :laugh:

1 hour ago, mn90403 said:

Oh, I didn't mean I need directions.  You already told all of us the name ... Marathon Lake.  It will be easy to find now!

Oh, you think?  I just Googled it and found several hundred across the USA including 45 in SoCal alone.  Odd thing is they all appear to have gas pumps....

• Haha 1