Marathon Lake Hunt For Some Nice Finds

2 hours ago, Dances With Doves said:

You have taken the rake  twice and have scored twice which is good for trying a new toy.

Thanks Dances With Doves, You are correct and I know that sounds impressive but it sure isn't easy or as fun as metal detecting. It feels more like work but I will continue to experiment with it.

2 hours ago, 2Valen said:

Fantastic hunt, wish I could have been there.

Thanks for sharing the photos!

Good luck on your next hunt.

Thanks 2Valen, My GoPro was acting up again otherwise you COULD have been there with me- sort of. I think I may have gotten some footage before it froze up so I may be able to post something later.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Compass said:

Thanks Dances With Doves, You are correct and I know that sounds impressive but it sure isn't easy or as fun as metal detecting. It feels more like work but I will continue to experiment with it.

I know what your talking about because  I pulled that mertich sifter.I would bring a gallon of water and pace myself and jump in the water if I got to hot.It was fun checking what was in the sifter since it caught almost   anything that went in it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aaron said:

Jeeeeez, take it eeeeasy! Man save some for the next guy! 
 CONGRATS!

Thanks Aaron, Well, nobody gets it all and I was a little limited in depth by the small coil so there is still plenty there. It is also a popular lake so people are still losing things there. 

• Like 1

Well done.  It is a good time for the lake.  The beach energy is non-existent again.  I need to go to one or two of those yet this summer with my son.

Do any of the lakes have senior discounts?  haha

Mitchel

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

Well done.  It is a good time for the lake.  The beach energy is non-existent again.  I need to go to one or two of those yet this summer with my son.

Do any of the lakes have senior discounts?  haha

Mitchel

Thanks Mitchel, Yes, some do and not only that- there is the CA state Limited Golden Bear Pass for seniors. It is good for most state beaches and parks with lakes. It can't be used between Memorial and Labor days but it is only $20.

I get one for the Los Angeles County beaches and one for the City of Santa Monica beaches.

Thanks for the info.

• Like 1

So, I'm just curious where Marathon Lake is ... now I don't need to go there!  haha

• Like 1

Good Job!

Imho ,leave the rake as a second step...Until You can hear neat signals with a 6", there's still something good to be found!Take it when silence take place...Or...Change coil and do it again😎

• Like 2