What Machines Are Getting The Gold, Platinum And Palladium Jewelry This Year?

• The title was changed to What Machines Are Getting The Gold,platinum and Palladium Jewelry This Year.

This week I've been two days in the water with my old ctx.

I think even with the Tdi the two bracelets and the ear ring I found were easy finds.I had conditions to determine the difference...

• Like 5

I’m experiencing one of the coldest detecting streaks I’ve ever had, doing lots more detecting than finding. I had visions of the Impulse making Tahoe come alive for me, but I got the one that’s set to tune out rings instead of finding them! :laugh: So much for getting an Impulse and just digging rings. Setting a record for nickels though! :smile:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Yeah, my totals are way down this year too. Lot's of competition out there these days, and many of them are using better machines (like the Equinox) than in days past. Since the 1st of the year, I've only found 3 gold, 15 silver, and another couple dozen junkers. Now granted, I haven't been out as much either with the quarantine going on, and there's been a lot less people (depositors) at the beach for the same reason, so, this is just a weird year all around. 

• Like 3

My year totals are 66 gold rings, 1 misc..The Excalibur still rocks but the AQ with the new battery system is looking good for now I can hit spots that the old battery might leave me hanging. 

The virus has slowed things but I still got out at least once a week during that time.

Excalibur Gold rings 52

Impulse AQ ..............14 ..and one misc. 

Some have asked how many of the gold rings would the Excalibur got that the AQ has found......Yesterday, (Saturday's) I got 4 gold rings, the Excalibur would have got (2) I'm sure......... the third I'm not sure (class ring), the forth........(signet)......The first ring of the day  ..no way the Excalibur would have found it..Way to deep and faint. 

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, cudamark said:

Lot's of competition out there

Just don't think about it.

I managed to find amazing stuff in a devastated area...Probably the heaviest finds in last 15 years.I don't even posted it here yet...

Go there!Kill it!

• Like 7

That's how it has been for me to in the lakes. Not finding hardly anything include coins and junk. Maybe it's the Corona causing it.

• Like 1

It's been a pretty good year for me despite the pandemic and (mostly) sanded in conditions at my favorite beaches. I am at 20 gold rings and 8 other gold items. Most of the gold I am finding is small but I do have 3 gold rings that weigh over 10 grams and I don't think I found any that big last year.

I was fortunate to come across a lake that was partially drained for maintenance earlier this year and found 14 gold rings in about as many visits, all with the Nox 800. In fact, all but 4 of my gold finds this year have been with the Nox. However, if I spent more time at the beach I'm sure that my BeachHunter would have balanced the scales a little. The end of the summer through the end of the year have been good beach seasons for me so I expect the BeachHunter to do some catching up very soon. 

• Like 3