What Machines Are Getting The Gold, Platinum And Palladium Jewelry This Year?

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I’m experiencing one of the coldest detecting streaks I’ve ever had, doing lots more detecting than finding. I had visions of the Impulse making Tahoe come alive for me, but I got the one that’s set to tune out rings instead of finding them! :laugh: So much for getting an Impulse and just digging rings. Setting a record for nickels though! :smile:

You do have 2 for the Tars. machine last time I checked so that puts that machine on the board  here.

17 minutes ago, Dances With Doves said:

You do have 2 for the Tars. machine last time I checked so that puts that machine on the board  here.

Oh it’s not like I’m not finding gold. Just slim pickings as of late. I’m not complaining at all... I’m actually having a very good time. Just using new detectors is fun for me, almost more then finding stuff sometimes. Next thing you know I’ll be on a hot streak. It all evens out over time.

• Like 1

When it comes to the dry sand I have not found gold in 3 years and none of my buddies have found any this year even though we have put in many of hours.We have been getting a ton of clad though every time we go out compared to other years.My friend did find a womans engagement ring for a woman yesterday that was white gold  on the beach so she was fortunate I  told him to  give it 20 min. because I had a feeling he was going to get a good find.Her  lucky day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I’m experiencing one of the coldest detecting streaks I’ve ever had

It is just a matter of time.User is not the problem and also the machine it isn't.

I'd try another spot just for comparison...

• Like 2

If your having fun detecting then you are doing it right.I remember one time in  early October in the big lake hunting a  good 3foot cut near shore in dead flat calm conditions at night with the beach flood lights on and the beach empty  of people.I was getting rings and coins and had a school of minnows shadow me  most of the time . A  peaceful hunt I  won't forget.

• Like 4

13 Diamond rings and 27 gold rings. No platinum yet for the equinox800. I feel I’m a contributor to the competition with my YouTube channel. I didn’t think teaching where I find the gold would put such a lull in finding but it has. Lot of competition for sure. Check out my channel on YT “Metal  Detecting Channel” 

2 hours ago, VermontDerek said:

13 Diamond rings and 27 gold rings. No platinum yet for the equinox800. I feel I’m a contributor to the competition with my YouTube channel. I didn’t think teaching where I find the gold would put such a lull in finding but it has. Lot of competition for sure. Check out my channel on YT “Metal  Detecting Channel” 

1st off Derek , your totally new to detecting and you've made some great finds. It ain't easy trying to make a living doing YT channels. And you are just starting to see what happens when you broadcast it all over. What's happening Derek is that the real pro's are moving in and are gonna wipe out your area. Sure you will still find a few here and there. Hide your locations or start moving around to different beaches. Definitely don't brag to people what you find while on the beach. When you started literally begging for $ and were making some finds ,  I had "Manifested" that this isn't going to last long. You are now seeing some of my manifestation in action. Keep up the videos , I hope it works out for you ! Cause it's a double edged sword...

• Like 3

Yeah, most old locations have accumulations of many decades of rings. It does not take long to put a real dent in that accumulated booty, and quality new drops are not ever going to happen fast enough to get us back to where we were. It’s not as bad as the situation gold prospectors face, where worked out patches go dead forever, but I’m a bit surprised at how quickly many beaches are also being depleted. It will only get worse if gold goes over $2000