Why My Nox Doesn't Identify The Target In The Plug?

It does sound like there is iron with your target. Possibly turning the sod over that now the iron is masking your target. A probe does help to get everything out. I do have that happen a lot and with other detectors.

• Like 1

By quirks in pin point do you guys mean the 2 or 3 seconds of muted tone that you get after you push the button?

I've never seen that as a problem. I just wait while it adjusts itself to the target. Then it works fine. It doesn't seem to negatively affect the performance of the machine while in pinpoint. I find pin point mode on the Equinox to be just as accurate as my Explorer SE was and fine tunes itself to the target just as well. I use it all the time for in ground targets.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Badger-NH said:

By quirks in pin point do you guys mean the 2 or 3 seconds of muted tone that you get after you push the button?

I do.  I wasn't aware that it corrected itself every time if a few seconds is allowed.  I have noticed that sometimes, though.  I'll try being more patient.  😁

15 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

For more surgical removal, I will use pinpoint but then I am digging a slit or small turf flap for removal and am quickly shifting to handheld pinpoint.

I know this might be of topic, Chase, but I am very interested in the "surgical removal" you mentioned. Is there another topic that goes into more detail about how to do this. I'm in an area that requires digging no plugs in city parks so I would like to learn this skill.

• 10 months later...

This was a perfectly valid question that we tried to answer. Without the help and cooperation of the original poster it went unresolved......we asked them several pertinent questions which they never answered.......or even said thanks for trying to help.  Hope they figured it out.

This has never happened to me using the Equinox (except in saltwater surf which is not the result of a problem with the Equinox, the problem is I am too old and slow) and I retrieve thousands of targets a year. When I decide to dig, I know there is a target in the hole. The Equinox tells me all I need to know.

• Like 3