Reg Sniff Passed Away

RIP Reg.....thanks to you, I got into hobby PI detectors about 20 years ago and your words of wisdom back then still help me now. Condolences to family and friends. Your legacy in the field of detecting will last forever.

Very sad to hear about Reg. I visited him in Pueblo and he visited me at White's and helped make the TDI-SL a much quieter running machine. After I left White's we communicated for a while on a new PI design for FTP (not the Impulse, a prior project) but then he said he was done, his hands were no longer working and he couldn't handle small components. I had been meaning to check back in with him but I waited too long. Reg was a nice guy who gave a lot back to the community and I will miss him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Guest Tnsharpshooter

I read a lot of his posts over last 7 plus years.  Never met.  Had to be a talented person though to do what he did.

Sorry to hear that. I spoke with him on the phone quite a few times about the TDI platform and his mods. I knew he had bad health but it's still a surprise. Prays for his family.

Sorry to hear about Reg! Condolences to his family!!😇    👍👍

I got to know Reg a few years ago when I got my TDI Pro.  We emailed quite a bit when I first got it.  I learned very quickly that if he wrote anything about a PI, you needed to download it so you could read it, re-read it and then repeat until you got your mind wrapped around it.  I still run across stuff on my computer from time to time that he had written.  RIP Reg!  You were one of the good guys for sure!