Reg Sniff Passed Away

Sad to hear this will miss his post on Prospecting with Pi electronics

our world just got a little dimmer ....he was a Beacon very Sharp 

my prayers are with his loved ones 

God Bless and keep Reg

Reg was always helpful to me and other friends in common in Colorado where he sometimes visited when we dredged. He helped me fix my GB2 in the field over the phone when I was prospecting with his brother, and gave me detecting advice on forum PM's.

I always hoped I would have the chance to meet in person but we always seemed to be in different places at different times, but I'm grateful I had the chance to talk to him and learn a thing or three while he was here. I will remember him.

Sad to hear about his passing and wish him luck on detecting in heaven. Prayers to his family and friends for I know he will be missed by many.

I had the pleasure to know Reg from the TDI project we both worked on. Great Guy and would help anyone solve the mystery of PI Detectors. Will miss you Reg . Condolences to his Family and many friends.

Hey Guys,

I knew Reg and his Father for over 25 years.  Reg was a guru when it came to metal detectors and PI design.  I used to love to sit and chat with him in the Arizona goldfields about how coils and detectors worked.  Reg used to love to tinker with coils, building, modifying and metal detectors.  I know Reg was involved in several metal detector designs during the early days, most he wouldn't talk about.  

Reg and his Father used to venture out to Arizona from Colorado every year and we would hook up for at least a weekend hunt.  We spent time around Rich Hill, the Bradshaw Mountains, down in Southern Arizona and around Quartzsite.  

Here are the last pictures I have of Reg and his Father from Nov. 2004 in the Quartzsite region.  I was able to get his Father over his first Arizona piece of gold in the wash shown below.  

Reg wasn't a huge fan of Minelab as many might know.  

Rest in Peace Reg, we had some great times together!  

Rob Allison

Reg1.jpg

Reg2.jpg

• Like 6

Hey Steve,

Yep, I remember asking him about the hat, but I can't remember what he said about it.  Reg was sure a character if anyone knew him personally.  In the early 90's thru the 2000's I met a lot of great people, Reg Sniff being one of those guys.  A true detector technology guru for sure.  

Rob

• Like 1

We are deeply saddened by the news of Reg passing. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.
He will be truly missed and I will include him in my daily prayers.
 Sincere condolences!

He is a talented friend and he knew the secrets of metal detectors... Extremely knowledgeable.

• Like 1