Ground Balancing Or Not For Two Box Detectors

I own a Fisher TW-5 twin box and as Steve has mentioned that you do need to align the coils which is not a hard job,only take a minute or so and then you can use the machine,the TM808 is carried like a suitcase but the TW-5 that i use has a alloy bar that hold both the boxes at either end and is carried from the shoulder by a strap.

Not used it much and the only reason i bought it about 5 year back was it was practically brand new and was not a cheap machine with all the accessories that came with it,but some novice bought it thinking they would find the Holy Grail but sold it a week later for a 1/3 of the original price,hence why i pounced on it quickly.

My 1st choice was going to be the Whites the one with the cave mode,but when this TW-5 came along that one had my name written all over it with a 'sold sticker' on it.Interesting machine but once you grasp the basics on how they work and how to set them up its pretty basic.

Not been out with it this year due to the current pandemic but do have a few sites that i could do with running the twin box over,depth subject to the size of the target/s is off the scale.You have to take into account the 'reward to effort' ratio when using them as digging deep holes for rubbish is not alot of fun,but if you start finding coins in a very tight radius and of the same/similar type which indicates a scattered hoard that has been dragged up by the plough then its situations like this when you would use the twin box and then you hope digging that deep hole/s was not in vain 🙂

• Like 3