Not Killing It....... Just Keep Finding.....

Just keep finding clad.

Charged up the Blisstool V5 last night for a morning hunt before the heat set in with a blazing hot sun starts baking me.
Since most areas are pretty dry, not wanting to ruin any grass areas. Went back to a well hit spot where the ground would just damp enough
to make for some easy digging and the ground would not dry out. The place is a good choice because the sprinkler system keeps the grass nice and green.

This morning.
True to form, the sprinklers came on, the grass at my spot was still wet. The rising sun and warming heat soon dried the grass. Made for a clean hunt.
Ground balanced the V5 to perfection. Ran smooth with a nice stable threshold all morning. Used the 7x9 search coil again, which is just going to stay on this detector.

Since I haven't used the V5 in several weeks, as I was testing out the new Simplex coils, it did take about 1 hour to get back in the swing of things. So a lot of trash was dug,
just to get a feel of the audio responses between trash and good trash ( Canadian clad coins). Made for some good education today.

There are a couple things I can say about the V5, it loves deeper Canadian clad coins. Pretty much already cleaned the place of surface to 5" deep coins. Finding there sure is a lot more at the
6-8" range than I thought. The V5 just sees them loud and clear, quite surprised how many are dug at the 7" range. Noted all those pesky dimes came from that depth. The only coin that came from a shallow depth of 4" was the Toonie. It sounded like a large surface target. Have to remember that for next time.

Hunted from 6:30am to 11:15am, at that point it was too hot to continue, packed it in and drove home, guzzling a bottle of warm water. Yeah it heated up a bit in the cars trunk.
This was only my second hunt, the more I use the V5, the more I like it.

bliss finds july 26 2020.JPG

• Like 7

How much of a difference is there between v5 and v6? I have seen v5's on ebay but never a v6.

Think there is only a few V6's that made it over.

From the Blisstool website:

LTC64X v6 is better than v5, with that this LTC64X v6 is:
   - with improved work at highly mineralized terrains, terrains with a high content of ore, beach search (on the coast, moist soil, dry sand, wet sand, mineralized sands);
   - with mode ORE, optimized for work at highly mineralized terrains, terrains with a high content of ore, terrains dotted with hot rocks and stones, highly contaminated with iron terrains, beach search in highly mineralized sands;
   - with mode SOIL, optimized for work at low and medium mineralized terrains, terrains dotted with stones and rocks, beach search in low and medium mineralized sands;
   - with higher detection speed and higher recovery speed in mode ORE;
   - with improved depth of detection and improved comfort when working on any type of terrain;
   - with automatic stabilizer with a very high degree of stabilization.

• Like 1

Supposedly you can order direct but got a feeling customs will be an issue. Also warranty/service if needed.

Sounds like v6 would work well around here where old properties had dumped their coal ash. We do have tons of iron in many places here.

Thanks

Unfortunately, not sure Blisstool is even building any more detectors. So warranty issues could be a problem, don't know. They are keeping the UK forum website, and company website  online as a courtesy as they are chock full of good info. 

The Blisstool owner a number of years back went down another path, more lucrative one than detectors. Was kind of curious what Ahmed Merchev the owner  was doing these days. https://alienohypercars.com/

Ahmed Merchev founded ALIENO in 2015 at the age of 31, with a mission to create hypercars with alien technologies from the future into the present.

To this end, he develops the basic technologies of the ALIENO hypercars and provides the initial funding for their creation, investing in ALIENO his own money that he has made in his other successful businesses in the field of robotics and electronics.

Ahmed Merchev discovered in his early childhood his passion for electronics, robotics, cybernetics, design and automobiles. At that time, he mastered the basics of electronics on his own and designed his first devices. Subsequently, developing professionally in these fields, he made his first inventions ranging from hobby metal detectors to full-size humanoid robots.

ALIENO_ARCANUM-i060-1024x576.jpg

I'm glad you are getting out and have places to hunt and enjoy metal detecting. Any finds are good at this point.

Rock on!

And then he bailed on us along with the USA dealer.