Four More Gold Rings For The AQ Impulse..

13 hours ago, phrunt said:

You're out of control Joe, I'd be annoyed if you live near me 🙂

Congratulations on all the rings, nuts!  You're obviously putting in the hours and it's paying off.

Thanks phrunt! Just being a pirate who enjoys being in the water, getting a good work out and staying cool. Honestly. I doubt if I hunt more then 12 hours a week. I just put myself in the right place at the right time. If I see a good opp I am out the door.

Gary Drayton just posted this and these are words to finding treasure..I know some don't care for Gary but lots of things he says I fully agree with. 

Lastly I work on timing which is the art of putting myself in the right place at the right time.
I know where I am going to search, what I am going to search for and I figure out the best time to search the area. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, 2Valen said:

Great hunt and nice job on your skills to locate those items.

Wish there was a place around here for someone like me to find things like that.

Happy hunting and good luck.

PS. Should a place like that exist around here please stay away.

Thanks Buddy V! You might want to start checking the old swim holes, I know someone there that does well with those. Also go to the library and pull out some old yellow pages. Check for amusement parks or any place near the water that may have had swimming. I know my two friends Chris and Tommy killed it several years ago. Just driving around and talking to others. Near colleges they would ask about where everyone swam...Lots to be found you just have to know where to look...And Good Luck!  

Check out Tom and Mark also..

Detecting Illinois w/hiluxyota..... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4yLniERekWqAXh0NwOqaqw

13 hours ago, tvr said:

LOL ... he is near me. He has put a lot of research into old swim spots and it pays off. I hunt newer community beaches and that pays off too. He hunts more hours than I do, and gives so much back to us all that there is no way I'd ever be annoyed. I don't know how he stays in that dry suit in the heat. I have a couple cuts that I need to heal before I get back into the murky bacteria filled waters here. When it is cooler, I do waders and during winter add the trapper gauntlets and stay dry. There is just so much shore line here that no one really covers all the places people swim and loose stuff.

Great hunt OBN! Can hardly wait 'til I get to hunt with an AQ.

Thanks TVR! I fully agree, so many water spots here and so little time. If the water would drop a few feet we would be in the gold for sure..

• Like 1

13 hours ago, okara gold said:

Joe... I don't think you're getting old but are aging like a fine wine. Congrats on the 4 gold hunt, but more so on your accomplished battery improvement.

Thanks Buddy Okara, I like to think like a fine wine for sure. And the battery gives hope that the next AQ will be the ultimate PI...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

lots of things he says I fully agree with. 

Me too!

Location and location timing....That's what can make the difference in the same place and leave yourself amazed...It happened last week to me....

• Like 1

He gets that gold by  brains and  hard  work.Nobody gives it to him.That is my department since I had someone walk  up to me and hand me a gold  hoop earring he just picked up on the shore  leaving my friend  to say" how lucky can you be". I also have had gold  waiting for me in plain sight on the black sand.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

You might want to start checking the old swim holes

Out here in the middle of nowhere there are very few places to go swimming, however we do have several areas that the people would set up a moving bar when it was illegal to have alcohol. When I am able to detect again a friend is going to take me to those sites. There were people who drove 50 miles to visit them when they knew where they would be at. There has also been wrecks that involved money from some old brinks trucks. They spilled a whole bunch of coins (dimes, quarters, half dollars, and dollar coins) from the early 1900's. Most of the ponds that were used for swimming are long gone and nobody knows exactly where they were.

I am in central Illinois south of Springfield and there is only old schools and churches. Some of the old parks are gone and new ones built. I got lucky when I bought my place as it was once the oldest church in the county. There is so much trash in my yard it would take several years to clear it all out. This place has been 4 different churches and a Masonic Lodge since 1853.

Good luck and keep up the great hunting.

• Like 2

Congrats on the four Ring Day......wish are Waters were that Calm in Southern California. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, 2Valen said:

I am in central Illinois south of Springfield and there is only old schools and churches. Some of the old parks are gone and new ones built. I got lucky when I bought my place as it was once the oldest church in the county. There is so much trash in my yard it would take several years to clear it all out. This place has been 4 different churches and a Masonic Lodge since 1853.

Although I don't do much dirt hunting now, I did do well hunting old church properties. My favorite for that was the F75 LTD and the 6.5 inch elliptical coil to sort through the trash. Lots of people swear by the 5 inch DD coil, but I developed a strong preference for the little elliptical. When it cools off some, I may need to go ask for some permissions again and put some batteries in the F75 LTD. 😉

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rob in (ca) said:

Congrats on the four Ring Day......wish are Waters were that Calm in Southern California. 

Thanks Rob! I wait for calm water days like this for I can hear the faints so much better. So a day like this is not normal but Nothing like SCal.......you guys have killer waves, and tides, and storms...Be Safe out there and Good Luck!