V3 Update Report; My First Impressions

1 hour ago, ColonelDan said:

I could run my sensitivity up to 23 on the dry sand in Park 1 and the 800 was stable and quiet where previously 18-20 was about the limit. Even when I switched to Beach 2 in wet sand and surf, I could run the sensitivity up to about 19-20 with no problem.

WOW, Pretty significant!  :minelab: 

As this thread goes on, I am interested to see if there is any EMI improvement????

Yes, I encountered EMI improvement...at least that’s what it appeared to be as the EQX ran smoother at higher levels of sensitivity after doing a noise cancel obviously.  Not as much chirping for sure.

Again, I wasn’t conducting formalized testing, just a normal run and reporting on my impressions.  Future detailed tests will fill in the gaps I’m sure.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the report.  It seems to be a quite noticeable difference in performance with this update.  Isn't that the way an update should be?  If you can't notice an improvement or make the users notice an improvement then why provide it?

Thank you for your time and effort to explain it to us (me).  I'll install mine this morning and hit my beaches later.

Mitchel

• Thanks 1

A word of caution:  The performance I saw at Cocoa Beach on 26 July may not be the performance you find on your beach.....beaches vary in characteristics significantly.  I've found differences between Cocoa and Daytona and I've experienced differences in just a few hundred yards of the same beach!  

As I always say, these were the results on this beach on this day in question.  Your mileage will most likely vary but you should see some degree of improvement in performance nonetheless.

• Like 1

Thank you for the update news. I will getting the update this week.

I had very similar reactions to my update experience.  

There is something better about the sounds and target experience.

Thank's Colonel,

Sounds like a good assessment to me! It will be on mine soon!

A little "Joe" trivia; my Daughter🙋‍♀️ walked for the first time at Cocoa Beach!! Good thing i wasn't detecting back then, i probably would have missed it!!🤦‍♀️ 👍👍

• Like 1

Joe D

A little "Joe" trivia; my Daughter🙋‍♀️ walked for the first time at Cocoa Beach!! Good thing i wasn't detecting back then, i probably would have missed it!!🤦‍♀️ 👍👍

A great memory Joe.  Cocoa will be a place you'll never forget.  😃

• Like 1

Thanks to all for kind comments.  In my opinion, this update has improved the functioning of an excellent detector. 

I sincerely hope that future improvements will include more substantial coil ears, enhanced waterproofing and a better shaft and arm cuff.

Just the view from my sandy foxhole...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1