Gold hit $1,944 per ounce earlier today, beating its previous record of $1,921 set in 2011. Will it crack the important $2000 psychological barrier? If so, the sky is the limit.

gold-price-record.jpg

• Like 6

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gold Catcher,   The Mojave Nugget was not found by Jim Straight, but by Ty Paulson. Jim Straight knew Ty Paulson, and was prospecting in and around the Randsburg, CA area at the same time. Jim St

I can average around 2 grams + drywashing most days,  sure good to see my wages going up.

For those who possess gold, these high prices seem great, but in reality they reveal that the US dollar is in bad shape, which negatively affects most people on this forum. An ounce of gold remains an

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Gold hit $1,944 per ounce earlier today, beating its previous record of $1,921 set in 2011. Will it crack the important $2000 psychological barrier? If so, the sky is the limit.

gold-price-record.jpg

It’s incredible how much gold is rising. I bought some silver, because that more in my price range as a 13 year old LOL. But I heard silver could cross 100$ an ounce

• Like 1

Well, I can't be happier than now🤣

For the first time I have some modest weight and price is up...This time however I want to keep myself away from the shiver to sell it fastly...Just now going to cash in some 18k fresh fish @39.35Usd/g

Daaang, nice. Time for me to sell some nuggets to fund some more prospecting adventures this winter! Anyone looking to buy for spot or even slightly under at these prices? :smile:

• Like 1

Nice, in a way, it does show how messed up the world is though, as its the safe haven when it all goes bad and unfortunately it's all going bad!  I'm sure we'll see a lot of sell offs and temporary price drops as people profit on it but it's only going up from here for the foreseeable future by the looks of it.  My little kiwi nuggets are worth something now 🙂

• Like 3

For the record, the new of this evening was that foundies are closing for summer stop and they don't buy gold in the next weeks ... Seems frankly like an excuse to prevent mass of people to sell in minutes. Then I sold a scarce third of what I own right now ... I'll keep it for better times ...

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Skullgolddiver said:

For the record, the new of this evening was that foundies are closing for summer stop and they don't buy gold in the next weeks ... Seems frankly like an excuse to prevent mass of people to sell in minutes.

Not sure what a 'foundy' is, but presumably some kind of shop that buys precious metals (among other things).  We have a lot of those (pawn shops, coin shops, jewelers, etc.), particularly when the price is high and everyone is talking about it.  But I question your theory that someone wants to prevent the public from selling.  When the price is high, that's when the public is buying!  "Buy low, sell high" is the mantra of the experts.  "Buy high, sell low?"  That's the other guys.  Well, somebody's got to do it....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Google translate can make life difficult, Skullgolddiver speaks Italian and translates to English, for the most part it works well enough.