Abenson - “As you'll soon see in the video, The Tarsacci, Equinox and GPX can hold there own against each other. The only loser in the video is the Deus but it's out of it's element. Deus thrives in surface trash in my dirt not, deeper targets in trash. There's really no magic bullet when it comes to deeper iron masked targets.“ 

Tarsacci vs Vista X vs Equinox for Park Hunting

Tarsacci vs GPX vs TDI

• Like 1

Great stuff, couldn’t wait! :smile:

It is interesting to see other opinions, since I have both the MDT 8000 and Equinox, and am still trying to decide for myself which works best for various scenarios. My main issue with the MDT is kind of simple - the audio, in how my ears hear it, the limited tone options, and lack of modulation. From my perspective the MDT is basically a beep-dig detector, whereas with Equinox and 50 tones I generally have a pretty good idea of what I am digging before I dig it. That’s not to say there is anything wrong with beep-dig per se. It has its place for sure. But for me it’s sort of the defining difference between the two detectors. Depth? Not really. It just depends on the ground, and in average conditions I’m not seeing a huge difference. In extreme ground the MDT appears to have an edge, but it requires some oddities in tuning and possibly putting up with some noise that may not sit well with some folks. I find it to be a very interesting detector, but not necessarily an easy one to like. But early days for me still.

herschbach-tarsacci-mdt-8000.jpg

• Like 1

Good video! I haven't used the Tarsacci, but, if this video is any indication, you need to hunt with it by tone, as the I.D. numbers were all over the place. I would have dug all of the Equinox signals except for the obvious iron ones, and maybe the cuff button. It didn't sound good at all.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Always enjoyed Abenson ‘s video detector Comparisons,  seen an earlier one of his last year believe was between GPX and Tarsacci only. Only I don’t remember him using disc mode with the Tarsacci, pretty sure it was Mix mode. 

Wish this particular test comparisons had he used Mix mod, think the signal would be stronger. From personal experience, Using Tarsacci Mix mode gives me more information and is deeper. Tarsacci disc mode does work in areas with iron, from experience surface targets in iron is where it does well. Mix mode, gets down deeper on the weaker signals but tarsacci user needs to be dialed in with the MDT Mix mode language.

It takes time, to get accustomed to Mix mode audio hunting in areas with iron. 

My hats off to Abenson and several others making comparison videos. Keep up the good work!

Paul

• Like 1