Tasarcci MDT 8000 Vs. Minelab Equinox 800 In Dense Iron!!!

Hope you enjoy this new video, all I'm trying to demonstrate here is that the Tasarcci is no slouch in dense iron against the Equinox.

I'm not here to slam the Equinox, just to prove that the Tasarcci is equally as capable in dense iron!

Regards 

Dave.H

• Like 3

Great video Dave, very well explained. Appreciate you going over the settings!

Well done mate!

Aaron

36 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I don’t take it as a slam on Equinox. I see no glory in the Tarsacci doing as well as a detector that costs half as much. Anyone laying out twice the cash would probably expect to get something for the money.

Yes however, the Equinox is the machine that the Tarsacci is constantly being compared too. Dave is just providing them what they’ve been asking for.

To Steve’s point, someone needs to provide it at half the price.  That would then warrant some exclamation points!!!

Hope they can get to the point where they can eventually get it in a price competitive posture, since they now have the technology down pat.  If they can focus now on affordability and add some more sophisticated tone options and it might get even more attention.

50 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Also, Equinox is not necessarily the “Gold Standard” as far as thick iron performance is concerned.  My personal preference is Deus/ORX in those situations.

A good  hunter knows what tool to use according to the situation and  to learn how to use that tool so he can be successful  in the situation that he  is hunting.

2 hours ago, Aaron said:

Yes however, the Equinox is the machine that the Tarsacci is constantly being compared too. Dave is just providing them what they’ve been asking for.

Yes, I definitely appreciate the time and effort Dave took to do this, and thank him again. Doing videos really is a thankless job at best, and sets on up for flack at worst.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

To Steve’s point, someone needs to provide it at half the price.  That would then warrant some exclamation points!!!

Hope they can get to the point where they can eventually get it in a price competitive posture, since they now have the technology down pat.  If they can focus now on affordability and add some more sophisticated tone options and it might get even more attention.

I don’t see the MDT as having the technology down pat. More like Equinox - first generation proof of concept, a little raw around the edges. I can see lots of ways both can still become a much more refined product, which is good. Room for growth in the future.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I don’t see the MDT as having the technology down pat. More like Equinox - first generation proof of concept, a little raw around the edges. I can see lots of ways both can still become a much more refined product, which is good. Room for growth in the future.

Agree.  Clumsy wording on my part.  My point was merely that Tarsacci apparently has technology that differentiates itself from other high end VLF IB detector’s both multifrequency (e.g., Equinox) and multiple single frequency (e.g., Deus, Anfibio, and Equinox). The thing that is probably holding back wider adoption is not performance or complexity at this point, but cost.  So focusing on innovations that help in getting the cost down might be the best next objective rather than solely focusing on further refining the technology that presently sets it apart from its competition.  Otherwise, maintaining its present price point it will likely continue to be unfairly perceived as a niche detector.  Equinox started the performance value affordability trend and now it is gaining momentum with Vanquish, Simplex, and Apex.  Don’t want Tarsacci to fall by the wayside because it can’t compete.  That would be a loss for the hobby.

• Like 2