Excellent historic finds!  Is the crucible made of metal (e.g. cast iron)?  What detectors were you using?

The large, intricately decorated embossed item below the crucible in your photo reminds me of a ladie's hand-held mirror back.  (If you show us the other side I'll get a better idea if I'm on the right track.  😁)

Really stepping out on a limb now, but could the crushed item below the lock be a candle extinguisher?

I like the thimble.  My wife has sewn (professionally and as a hobby) since she was in 4H.  I've yet to find a thimble.  Of course she probably wants a sterling one, or at least one that cleans up and is usable.

• Like 2

Awsome finds Glenn!!

Keep up the good work!!👍👍

• Thanks 1

luv them old trade tokens.  And love those old mother-of-pearl buttons.  Whenever you eye-ball those, is when seateds and old tokens are likely to be near.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Is the crucible made of metal (e.g. cast iron)? 

I believe crucibles are made of ceramic or some type of porcelain so they withstand high temperatures.

What detectors were you using?

This time I was using a Nokta-Makro Kruzer with a 5" coil and XP Deus with a 9" HF coil. Very heavy iron laden site.

The large, intricately decorated embossed item below the crucible in your photo reminds me of a ladie's hand-held mirror back.  (If you show us the other side I'll get a better idea if I'm on the right track.  😁)

Quarter for scale.

1598253928_IMG_20200729_103316(2340x3120).thumb.jpg.ab47f2eed9f18f29b212898adcbc5426.jpg

Really stepping out on a limb now, but could the crushed item below the lock be a candle extinguisher?

No that is part of an oil lamp where you can adjust the wick.

I like the thimble.  My wife has sewn (professionally and as a hobby) since she was in 4H.  I've yet to find a thimble.  Of course she probably wants a sterling one, or at least one that cleans up and is usable.

Thimbles are very common out here, in fact a detecting buddy found a sterling one yesterday at a local park that had cherubs on it.

Here is a closeup of one the items in the main picture and I'm not sure what it is or what it was use for.

834012186_IMG_20200729_103430(2080x1560).thumb.jpg.46e71fbba7ceed55264690f366d74c66.jpg

• Like 4
On 7/29/2020 at 10:25 AM, Dances With Doves said:

Hi   Tom.Check out what  Raphis is detecting with now on the Nox software update thread and what he has to say.

Thank you for alerting me to that.  I wasn't aware he was posting here, as that's not a sub-forum I'd clicked.   Dan is so-far-advanced in turf hunting  skill, that .... rumor  has it that  he's not really human.  He's a robot, haha.    

On 7/29/2020 at 2:00 PM, Glenn in CO said:

Here is a closeup of one the items in the main picture and I'm not sure what it is or what it was use for.

834012186_IMG_20200729_103430(2080x1560).thumb.jpg.46e71fbba7ceed55264690f366d74c66.jpg

Looks like a decoration from a church. What does the back look like?

Screenshot_20200730-205841.jpg

• Thanks 1
14 hours ago, Againstmywill said:

Looks like a decoration from a church. What does the back look like?

Thanks for information, this is what the backside looks like. It looks like it was solder to something or maybe a pin.

1816216861_IMG_20200731_085135(2080x1560).thumb.jpg.0965d2f24c627ce377b43784012337dd.jpg

• Like 1