Date Codes For Vintage Whites Coinmaster

Hi - I have  a mint Coinmaster 1 TRDX machine that I got at a yard sale. It has all of the components and fired right up with fresh batteries. I was just tying to find out when it is from exactly but can't seem to find it online. It has a Date of GG. It's a fun machine to use as it brings back old memories as a kid in the 1970's out finding stuff with a similar machine my buddy had. 

Thank you in advance for your time, Dino

It would be interesting to see if anyone does know the 'secret'.

I have a Coinmaster 2 hipmount version, date code is HD. The few electronics part with any obvious date codes are an IC dated late 1978, and the loudspeaker appearing to be 1980. This is a Savo Scotland produced machine, so may not necessarily match a US-made one.

I would suggest looking for date codes on the inner workings. IC's ( if it has any ? ), the loudspeaker, electrolytic capacitors, the potentiometers.

• Like 1

Hi - Thanks for your reply. I'll dig around a little on the inside and see if there's anywhere else that might give a clue. I was hoping there was a list somewhere out there but so far have come up empty. People list their date code when they sell them, but the dates the list just look like a guess/range. I also tried to find a date range for when the model was produced, but haven't been able to track that down either!

Cheers!

Hi - Thank you!  These are fantastic!  The actual date codes still seem elusive, but I feel like I am honing in on a range. I saw the same question asked on other detector/treasure finding forums but no one knew the answer... Maybe there's an ex-Whites employee out there that know's the secret.

• 3 weeks later...

@Dino Roy

I noticed that the manual does have a date on it, revision of April 1974.

I could be wrong, but I thought the the double digit code was as follows, based on the old machines I have

GA -1971
GB - 1972
GC - 1973
etc
so in theory 

GG would be 1977

• Like 1

I think it's more obscure than that, probably intentionally so.
If you look at that French website, and compare the Coinmaster1 TRDX, Coinmaster 2 TRDX and Coinmaster 3 TRDX, they have date codes of GL , K4 , R4 respectively.
They all appear to be similar in vintage, though - the same big box, big coil connector. I suspect they update the date code on a monthly or weekly basis, and probably miss out a few letters to obfuscate things.

Here's a Pinterest page showing a Coinmaster 1 TRDX listed on Etsy, it has a date code of L4:
pinterest CM-1TRDX

• 4 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By GotAU?
      We’re heading over to the Hauser beds (near Blythe, CA)  this week (11/25/20), has anyone been there recently? Any suggestions on good locations? 😁 I’ll post a collecting trip report with recommendations when we return. Thanks!
    • By Jason China
      I bought a Nokta Makro Pulse Dive, but I won't snorkel, I need to buy goggles and snorkel, what else? I have no experience, but I am willing to work hard to learn, only by using Pulse Dive can I avoid crowds, and that is, what kind of bag to use in the water to reduce drag to collect!
    • By phrunt
      I am in the process of making a Lipo GPX battery, Can someone who has made one verify this is the correct pin outs?

also, what is the recommended brand/type of Lipo battery, so many models to choose from.
      If anyone has made one and is willing to share photos of what they did and how they did it that'd be great.  I intend to make one with a 3D printed housing with built in amplifier and speaker.
      A friend has started to make his own, he's on a roll so far, he's incorporated a built in amplifier that he made as he's added a 3W speaker into the housing, he's also going to put in a 1/4" socket for headphones/external amplified speakers that bypasses the little built in amp, that is there to drive the internal speaker so the battery can be attached to the side of the GPX and add a built in amplified speaker which the GPX is missing, why they don't put speakers on their gold machines I don't know.

It also has volume control for the built in speaker.  It's coming along.   I'm not yet sure what mine is going to be like.  It should fit in his existing side pouch as he's making it a reasonable size but it won't weigh much.
    • By KellycoDetectors
      Hello metalheads! I’m helping to put together the upcoming 2020 Kellyco Metal Detectors Holiday Gift Guide. Now, I’m not here to plug my site or ask you to look at anything on it (but you can look at last year’s list here if you like). I’d just like to know which gear you think belongs on this year’s list.
      Are there any new detectors, pinpointers, or other paraphernalia you’ve used recently that you think would make good gift for a novice or seasoned enthusiast? Even if we don’t carry it already – heck, especially if we don’t carry it already – I’m eager to know your thoughts!
    • By chuckwalla
      Are there a lot of entrepreneurs in the prospecting/detectorist community? There seem to be similarities in the personality traits: curiosity, independence, hopes of hitting it big, good at doing research, sense of adventure , etc, etc.
      I'm a startup guy myself - been doing software and web development for the past decade and a half, worked on startups in areas like security, telecom, health, social media, etc. Honestly - most of the projects have been kind of boring. A prospecting-related startup could be a lot of fun - and might be a good excuse to do more camping and exploring.
      Off the top of my head, I'd think that a hot area might be utilizing machine learning and and other data science techniques to aid in hobbyist prospecting (and integrate this data with GIS and other applications). As a newcomer to the field, it would be educational to hear about the pain points that could be addressed in the form of a new product or service.
      Anyone else around here kicking some ideas around in their head? I'm always open to brainstorming/collaborating.
    • By kiwijw
      I got a good idea. Light bulb moment. ? Why don't you let your wife use the Nox & you use the GBP? 
      JW