Problem After Updating Equinox 800 To Version 3

On 7/29/2020 at 9:28 AM, Canarias_detection said:

ok thanks..tomorrow i  try ..now downgrading v2

Did his work? 

6 hours ago, nordic said:

And the triangle usually means you are too close to large metal object, so big and so close it clips the signal going to the headunit.

When did this feature get introduced, or was it there from the start?  I searched for 'triangle' in the User Guide that came out with version 2.0 (introduction of Iron Bias F2 option) and couldn't find it.  I do see the triangle with '!' to the right of the battery strength indicator in the image that came out with that version of the User Guide, though (hard to see here do to resolution reduction?):

1413305657_Screenshotat2020-07-30103329.thumb.png.1c3b450c4b25931478a33c7f242c7f1f.png

While we're on the subject of the User Guide, has anyone seen a new release that includes the new 4 kHz single frequency?

I think it was there from the start, but I only learned about it when put the detector on the metal sheet by accident. On the scope, the input signal from RX coil appears way above the unit supply voltage, so, in theory it may not be able to process it.

53 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

When did this feature get introduced, or was it there from the start?  I searched for 'triangle' in the User Guide that came out with version 2.0 (introduction of Iron Bias F2 option) and couldn't find it.  I do see the triangle with '!' to the right of the battery strength indicator in the image that came out with that version of the User Guide, though (hard to see here do to resolution reduction?):

1413305657_Screenshotat2020-07-30103329.thumb.png.1c3b450c4b25931478a33c7f242c7f1f.png

While we're on the subject of the User Guide, has anyone seen a new release that includes the new 4 kHz single frequency?

Yes, triangle overload symbol has been There since day one.  Page 10 in the manual.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TedinVT said:

Yes, triangle overload symbol has been There since day one.  Page 10 in the manual.

Ah, thanks, it's specifically for Beach modes, which is why I never noticed it when detecting.  (I don't beach.)

535140233_Screenshotat2020-07-30121701.thumb.png.a3938638c8fbdaeb09473a3e3dd62f7b.png

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Odd ... it will be interesting to know how this glitch happened.

What operating system did you use for the update?

i used mac os..

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

yup, I've had the overload triangle on black sand beaches in NZ, the entire time on the beach it was there.

I have downloaded the firmware version to 2.1 and now it is better ... I need to test on different beaches ... I think it works slow when detecting targets ... I will have to observe it ... I am on highly mineralized beaches (Canary Islands, Spain)

19 hours ago, TedinVT said:

If the factory reset doesn't solve the problem do you have a fellow Nox owner that would let you try his coil?  Thinking maybe you had a coil leak.  Do you read -9 in the other detect modes as well?

Good answer ... I would have to try another from someone ... I have not tried another detection mode ... right now I have it in v2 but it does not work very well ... it does not identify targets as before ... soon I will upload videos ... Could it be a problem with a damaged plate?

19 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

BTW -9 is typically associated with ground noise.  Make sure your machine is properly ground balanced.  (It should be back at the default zero GB point after the reset).

If I have verified that and it is not the reason for the problem

14 hours ago, phrunt said:

I can't imagine it has anything to do with the update at all.  If it was we'd all be getting the problem.

Typical flash procedure is:

Decrypt firmware
Flash the firmware onto the Flash rom
Verify the flash CRC matches the firmware file
If it verifies flash is complete
If not, re-flash
Verify the flash CRC matches the firmware file
If not, report error and repeat

This is all automated by the flash utility, if it said success, it's fine.

I always do a factory reset before and after firmware flashes, old habit from the days when it used to be necessary.

You are either very unlucky that your Nox or coil has failed between the time you last used it and the time you flashed it, or you have a loose coil cable or something.  It would never hurt to flash back to the old firmware for reassurance.  If your computer had bad RAM and was corrupting the firmware during the flash it would be picked up by the CRC checking and the verify would fail.

Let's hope you can sort it out, check that coil cable is done up tight!

a day before it was perfect ... after updating it was bad ... I have returned to version 2 and it is not going very well ... I will check the connections ... I will try again on different beaches and record videos ... I have updated it with imac without any kind of problems ... I will inform you in a short time ... thank you all very much