Problem After Updating Equinox 800 To Version 3

10 minutes ago, Canarias_detection said:

Good answer ... I would have to try another from someone ... I have not tried another detection mode ... right now I have it in v2 but it does not work very well ... it does not identify targets as before ... soon I will upload videos ... Could it be a problem with a damaged plate?

Like others, I doubt the problem is being caused by the new firmware version.

If water, especially saltwater, leaked into your coil that could be a likely cause.  Try the other detect modes to see if the problem occurs across all 8 detect modes.  If it does, try to hook up to a friend's coil and see if that eliminates the problem.  I bet it does.  Either way you'll probably end up shipping the control pod and your coil to Minelab for warranty replacement.  They will need both pieces to confirm the problem.  Good luck.

8 minutes ago, TedinVT said:

Like others, I doubt the problem is being caused by the new firmware version.

If water, especially saltwater, leaked into your coil that could be a likely cause.  Try the other detect modes to see if the problem occurs across all 8 detect modes.  If it does, try to hook up to a friend's coil and see if that eliminates the problem.  I bet it does.  Either way you'll probably end up shipping the control pod and your coil to Minelab for warranty replacement.  They will need both pieces to confirm the problem.  Good luck.

ok perfect..thank you very much for the solution..I'll upload videos soon so you can see it..a pleasure

• Like 1

Do you only have one coil?

It does not seem like the update is the issue. More like you are on mineralized beaches and need to use Beach 2 and lower your sensitivity. That is what the overload symbol is telling you. It senses when there is too much signal blowback from saltwater or black sand or both. When a detectors "sees" too much salt or too much black sand (or both) it will go totally blind unless the transmit signal is reduced. Going into overload is not reducing depth - it is giving you depth when the machine would otherwise be non-functional.

The overload will not go away until the conditions creating it go away.

The only time I have seen the overload signal is when crossing areas on a beach obviously loaded with magnetite. The overload symbol comes on and the detector keeps running fine, then the symbol goes away once past the magnetite patch.

You May also be suffering from salt water intrusion in the detector or the coil itself, which is in turn causing the signal to occur. Contact Minelab Service if you think you have a defective detector.

Difficult Areas – Black Sand
Some beaches contain black sand, which has high natural iron content and is often magnetic. This causes continuous false ferrous detections, making normal beach detecting impossible. Beach Mode automatically senses black sand and reduces the transmit power to ensure that targets can still be detected without overloading occurring. When black sand is sensed, the Beach Overload Indicator will appear on the LCD. When this icon disappears, full transmit power automatically resumes.

minelab-equinox-beach-2-mode.jpg.ee06e33

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

It does not seem like the update is the issue. More like you are on mineralized beaches and need to use Beach 2 and lower your sensitivity. That is what the overload symbol is telling you.

in the video used mode beach 2..

I understand, but the triangle does not appear anymore, it only appears with version 3. Now many false signals without stability, I have cleaned the coil, removing the protector and I have to try it again

1 minute ago, Steve Herschbach said:

It may be that the triangle is supposed to be appearing, that you have difficult conditions, and need to lower your sensitivity.

I lowered the sensitivity to 15 ... the problem remained the same ... I will try in the field or different beach sand
Thank you