Can Anyone Identify This Button?

This is a button I found not to long ago. It says W.P.Ry. On the front of it. On the back it says it was made by the Bloch co. who is located in Cleveland, Ohio. It stills has its shank, and is in good readable condition. It is a little banged up, but not to bad. It it some sort of railroad or conductor button? Is it from a fashion company? I did look up the Bloch co, but all I got was pictures of other buttons. All I know that it is a button manufacturer. If you can identify it, or have any guesses, please reply!

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2

It is a Western Pacific Railway (W.P.Ry.) button from a conductor or railroad employee.  Neat find.

Western Pacific Railway was founded in 1903 and was incorporated into the Union Pacific Railroad system in 1982 and ceased to exist as a separate independent railroad.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

It is a Western Pacific Railway (W.P.Ry.) button from a conductor or railroad employee.  Neat find.

Western Pacific Railway was founded in 1903 and was incorporated into the Union Pacific Railroad system in 1982 and ceased to exist as a separate independent railroad.

Thank you for identifying the button. I thought is was western Pennsylvania railway when I first looked at it, since I am in Pennsylvania, but that doesn’t exist. I knew it looked like a railroad button. I am happy to have it. It is neat indeed! Any date you may have in mind?

• Like 1