More cheese than a cheese factory, a video showing the Apex on the beach.

Purely a marketing video, unfortunately again they show very little of the Apex actually being used, never any footage of targets in the ground or anything being detected so in a way it may as well just be a Youtube commercial, the Apex does appear to be a decent looking machine, I like how it looks.

If they don't hurry and release it by the time it comes out the novelty will have worn off 🙂

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Much later according to Steve Moore, Garrett's director of marketing.  IOW don't hold your breath.  Garrett will probably gage the response to Apex to determine whether it makes sense to make the inve

I think that means they're marketers, not testers.... very different role I'd imagine.

Simon - fortunately they are not the ones designing and building the Apex. I really have gained a lot of respect for Steve Moore (marketing) and Garrett's lead design engineer Brent Weaver on thi

Posted Images

Oh Man!!,

"You're killin' me, Smalls!!!"  ("The Sand Lot")!! Nuf said!! 🙄 👍👍

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

If they don't hurry and release it by the time it comes out the novelty will have worn off 🙂

You underestimate the the rabid fanbase that is the Garrett horde.  The novelty of the AT Pro hasn't even worn off with some of these folks.  Garrett is a big deal over here.

• Oh my! 1

I still like, and use my AT Pro, but it ain't because of them two; no no!!  (And I've had all my shots; no rabies here!)🤪

It still works great;  just not on wet sand salt beach!👍👍

• Like 1

Testers might be bound non-disclosure clause. But, allowed to make teaser videos........to keep up the hype and interest. Past the original release date.....

• Like 1

This is the (Ace version ) of The Apex ( entry level Detector) The AT or Pro  Apex will be out later ............ which will be waterproof and more performance wise. 

4 hours ago, Rob in (ca) said:

This is the (Ace version ) of The Apex ( entry level Detector) The AT or Pro  Apex will be out later ............ which will be waterproof and more performance wise. 

Much later according to Steve Moore, Garrett's director of marketing.  IOW don't hold your breath.  Garrett will probably gage the response to Apex to determine whether it makes sense to make the investment into a higher end "Pro" or "Max" iteration. Has to be worth the trip from a business case perspective.  There is not a lot of room for Garrett to maneuver a detector with more features (including making it waterproof, which is not without cost implications) between the Equinox 600 and Apex price points.  Seems they would have to undercut Equinox price-wise for it to generate enough sales to make it worthwhile.

• Like 5

I'm thinking that's the plan Chase,

But they need to be a little more "seriously" (like XP)  focused on the advertising content, and release date of the Apex, first!  👍👍

10 hours ago, Sven1 said:

Testers might be bound non-disclosure clause. But, allowed to make teaser videos........to keep up the hype and interest. Past the original release date.....

I think that means they're marketers, not testers.... very different role I'd imagine.

• Like 5

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Steve Herschbach
      Posted by Mental Metal on Sept 2, 2020
      2020 Garrett ACE APEX Review: What You Should Know About it. In this video I get my hands on the new APEX courtesy of Fort Bedford Metal Detectors. I answer a lot of the questions you asked about as well as VDI number testing, depth testing and more. The APEX is not for everyone but for those looking to try a Garrett or who are just getting into metal detecting the the APEX could be what you are looking for. Its probably the best ACE machine Garrett has made.
      Here are some of the questions I'll be answering in this video:
      Whats in The Box? How much Does The APEX Cost? Who is The Machine Made For? (beginners? advanced users?, middle of the road?) Is The APEX Easy to Setup? Is The APEX a Replacement for the AT PRO, Gold, or Max? Is It Waterproof? Whats Up With This Weird Viper Coil? Does the APEX Work on The Beach? Target Separation Test What Does it Sound like? Depth Tests and more questions! Professional Photos/video clips shot by Jon Lupro
      As promised in the video here is the link to my article that contains the results of my VDI and depth testing. https://mentalmetaldetecting.com/what...
    • By Steve Herschbach
      Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II Owner's Manual, 784 KB pdf file, 44 pages 
    • By Steve Herschbach
      RIP Gold Stinger! Garrett quietly discontinued the Scorpion Gold Stinger last year. It is no longer on their website or in their new catalog and generally unavailable for purchase though a few no doubt remain on dealer shelves.
      The Stinger was introduced in 1990 and so enjoyed a 25 year run. Pretty amazing really for such a lackluster machine. The Stinger was basically an old 15 kHz Groundhog stuffed in an updated box. The box I loved to hate, as it featured without a doubt the worst battery replacement system on the market. It also suffered from a dearth of accessory coils.
      Once the AT Gold was released it was inevitable that the Stinger would finally go its way and the day has finally come. About time is all I can say.

• By walkerrj
      In my "Day Job" I'm fortunate to travel throughout the U.S. and get to the beaches in California and Florida from time to time. Up until now I've been using either my White's MXT, Garrett AT Pro, or Garrett ACE 250 to hit the dry sands. I just purchased a used Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II PI detector on ebay and was wondering what experience other forum members have had with the Sea Hunter or any other PI detector for that matter? I'm guessing I will have a learning curve since this is my first PI detector and dig more trash than I'm used to. Thanks for any advice.
    • By Ridge Runner
      On md-hunter its says that Garrett has added a ( i ) after each number. At first look without firing it up you can't see the difference. It's all in the new software in more ways than one  If you want to learn more I'll let you go look for yourself.
       The only dealings I've had with Garrett Ace was when I got the 200 for my Grandson. I was surprise to see what the Ace 200 had to offer for the money.
       More new for 2016.
       Chuck

• By walkerrj
      I see the Garrett website is now advertising the new ACE 400 for an msrp of $399.95.  Probably a "lightweight" machine compared to most of the detectors talked about on this forum but could be one to consider for general purpose detecting such as parks, dry sand beaches, etc.