Has The AQ Impulse Been Tested On A Gold Chain With No Pendant?

I'm still waiting for a tone/mute mode depth test.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Badger-NH said:

I'm still waiting for a tone/mute mode depth test.

I would not be basing my buying the AQ on it's discrimination abilities. It's not the Nox, CTX or Excalibur. 

I'm done testing for "myself".... others may chime in..

The closest I got to testing the disc side of the AQ is testing something I may encounter while hunting..A piece of crab pot as the iron..then a gold ring..I was impressed and know what to dig if I come across this odd signal...Mute mod, swing left Iron signal, swing right a good target possibly. And doing a full swing, left to right covering the same area. Mute mode only...I don't like the tones mode.

About 95% of the time I hunt in All Metal..and dig all..........since the spots I hunt I've already marked off using the excalibur .....area's of interest for the AQ to dig all ..........

3 hours ago, midalake said:

I have searched and searched for a video of someone doing chains. Nothing?  

Chains are the AQ weakness..

5 hours ago, Sting Ray said:

I am curious as what response it would give a different depths and if the chain is laid out straight.

What size of gold chain are you talking about?...Air test.......... it did poorly on 3 different sizes.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

I would not be basing my buying the AQ on it's discrimination abilities......

Chains are the AQ weakness..

What size of gold chain are you talking about?...Air test.......... it did poorly on 3 different sizes.

Thank you Joe. 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

I would not be basing my buying the AQ on it's discrimination abilities. It's not the Nox, CTX or Excalibur. 

I'm done testing for "myself".... others may chime in..

The closest I got to testing the disc side of the AQ is testing something I may encounter while hunting..A piece of crab pot as the iron..then a gold ring..I was impressed and know what to dig if I come across this odd signal...Mute mod, swing left Iron signal, swing right a good target possibly. And doing a full swing, left to right covering the same area. Mute mode only...I don't like the tones mode.

I would buy the AQ even if it had no tone/mute modes.

What do you do at beaches that are loaded with iron? Do you just avoid those places?  Wouldn't the AQ in tone/mute be useful at sites like that, or would the Equinox be a better choice?

• Like 1

Aside from Joe OBN... It has been really quiet about results with the few AQ's that are in use.

• Like 3

Painfully Quiet!  GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Badger-NH said:

I would buy the AQ even if it had no tone/mute modes.

What do you do at beaches that are loaded with iron? Do you just avoid those places?  Wouldn't the AQ in tone/mute be useful at sites like that, or would the Equinox be a better choice?

What do you do at beaches that are loaded with iron?

More then like this..what I did yesterday..Someone asked if I hunted the spot I got the 2 small 14k women's engagement rings with the AQ yet....

Not hunted that beach with the AQ yet,... Yesterday was a scouting mission. I marked off where not to hunt with the AQ and where to hunt with it. And I guess your wonder how I marked the area off being I'm shoulder deep in the water......they have crab pot trap buoy's..between buoy's 1 thru 3 is good but once I start going into area 4 to 5 lots of iron.......Between buoy's 1 to 3..maybe 4 pieces....and I marked those pieces of iron by digging a few scoops of the sand. Since the sand is hard packed there.........  any soft sand area I encounter later I pass by knowing I've been there and it's not good target...... Yesterdays Gold rings were small and all found in area 3 to 4, each crab pot is about 70 to 80 feet a part. I love this time of year for those crab pot buoys are life savers. I just walk out to where I left and start. Last year they pulled all in Oct and I was lost!

Wouldn't the AQ in tone/mute be useful at sites like that, or would the Equinox be a better choice?

I would not take the AQ blindly into a spot with out first getting to know it better

Every beach is so different and there make up.......... I would suggest getting to know it with a Nox, CTX, or Excal. Then trying to do as I do...I have two places just waiting for the AQ...but conditions have to be calm...so I can hear the faints...I got the battery time now so if I can stay on these spots and a few more come fall and super low tides I should be able to do good, I hope.

And a side note..All it takes is one wrong wind storm to waste all you know..we had a storm around March 13 to 15 that devastated one of the spots I hunt..I'm still trying to rebuilt the map in my mind with landmarks and any areas that stand out..like pilings, high iron area's, cuts, bottom matrix,....anything.....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, okara gold said:

Aside from Joe OBN... It has been really quiet about results with the few AQ's that are in use.

Thank You! Maybe I am the only one that loves my machine? 

I did have a few month jump on everyone to learn but it will take me years to feel as comfortable as I do using the excalibur..... I was offered a "AQ" in early January and wish I had taken it now, lost time. 

1 hour ago, GaryC/Oregon Coast said:

Painfully Quiet!  GaryC/Oregon Coast

I noticed also...

• Like 1