My 3 First Runs With The GPX 5000

3 minutes ago, rod-pa said:

just wow...some awesome old coins there !

Hi mate! Thank you!!

I'm from Europe, so you will see alot of these type of finds here!😅

Cheers

That is just great.  Nice to have you here and posting.

If you are learning from Gordon then you might be in UK for these hunts?  Just curious.

A few days in the UK is on my 'bucket list' just to say that I've done it.  I did Australia last year.

Mitchel

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

That is just great.  Nice to have you here and posting.

If you are learning from Gordon then you might be in UK for these hunts?  Just curious.

A few days in the UK is on my 'bucket list' just to say that I've done it.  I did Australia last year.

Mitchel

Hi Mitchel! Thank you so much!

No! Let's just say that I'm quite known outside here, I'm mostly on Facebook!😄

I'm from the Iberian Peninsula!

Well you should go there, lots of history! I was planning to go there... but don't want to take risks with this virus...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What a splendid region!  I couldn't even begin to understand where to start.

You'll have to post up a few things here from your Facebook page once in a while.  Some of us here don't Facebook.

Mitchel

• Thanks 1

On 7/29/2020 at 2:38 PM, mn90403 said:

What a splendid region!  I couldn't even begin to understand where to start.

You'll have to post up a few things here from your Facebook page once in a while.  Some of us here don't Facebook.

Mitchel

Thank you mate!

Well, you would need to have some contacts there... permissions is a must in the UK. Or, you can always go to their rallies! Just avoid Detectival, not many finds haha, unless they organize a new one on new lands!

I will! Yes, I've noticed that haha.

I just copy/past the description from my Facebook post.

Done!👊😄 Had a great day with my wife and our little Jackie!🥰 Great and not perfect due to them bloody Mosquitos!!😂 She started with the Nox 800 with the stock coil and i took the GPX 5000 with the Commander 11" Double-D Coil!😃 (I really enjoyed this coil discrimination!! Didn't dig iron!!!)👍😎 She only found 1 Hammered coin (but the oldest of them all, 1385-1433)😁 She couldn't continue digging because she couldn't stop scratching her leg due to Mosquito bites😅 (can't blame them, she is tasty)😂 I also used the Nox for a bit... It was a very hot day again, and I was feeling a bit uncomfortable with harness and the cables. Probably I'm going to end up by buying Doc's Kit for the GPX 5000. ( recommended by Gordon Heritage)😀 Well, enough blablabla. What do we have here? 20 Hammered coins (14th - 16th Century) 3 Massive Coins ( Early 19th Century) 2 Coins from the 18th Century 1 big Relic (dunno what it is, but definitely Medival) 1 rolled Lead (Perhaps a Medieval fishing weight) 1 Big button 1 Buckle 1 Strapend Be lucky!👍😁 Cheers!

20200728_165518.jpg

20200728_165444.jpg

20200728_165434.jpg

• Like 1

I just copy/paste the description from my Facebook post!

Hey wassup guys!😁

Very busy and hard day today!

I went back to a area where my brother and I found a scattered hoard from the 14th century!😃

Had to take my Nox 800 with me too, to check the out the new 3.0 update and simulate a hoard with silver hammereds.

Was a very hot day, and if went under the trees to get some shadow, them mosquitos wouldn't leave me alone...

The soil was nasty on most parts, lots of stones, Medieval tiles and pottery! My palms are actually full of "bubbles" because I forgot my gloves... and I also forgot the harness!😅 Had to use my trash bag to carry the GPX battery!🤣

All these finds (except one of them short crosses) were found with the Gpx, I also found a half cut after taking this photo! All crazy deep signals! I've dug alot of iron too (forgot the DD)...

At the end of the day, I had to return to the area... I forgot my finds there🤦‍♂️

All these finds are Medieval ( I'm guessing that tooth too)🤣

Might phone call my wife's uncle and ask him if he wants it, he is missing one front tooth!🤣🤣🤣

Gpx 5000 + Coiltek 14" Mono Elite!👊😎

I'm out guys!

Hope y'all had a great weekend!

Be lucky!

Stay safe!

Cheers!👊😄

20200726_202130.jpg

20200726_202300.jpg

• Haha 1

I just copy/past the description from my Facebook post!

Hi guys!😄 My yesterday's finds!👍😃 First time out with the GPX 5000! I think that I did a good job! Was planning to hunt all day... But i had to leave way sooner... saw that a Dry Thunderstorm was coming my way!😬 So I didn't want to take any risks. Manage to pull 6 roman coins from crazy depths!😶 3 Big Iron roman nails, few bits of lead, 1 Silver coin from the 20th century and a musket ball! Holysh*t!!! This machine is insane!!🤯🤯🤯 I'm used to great depths with my Equinox 800 with the 15" coil, but not stupid depths on places like this!😶 The soil is quite mineralized, due to the crazy amounts of roman tiles and bricks under the soil! I also took the Commander 15x12 with me, but didn't use it! I was really enjoying this coil!😃 Can't wait to go out again with this combo!😁 This roman coin: Emperor Maxentius. Year: 306-312! Edit: Want to dedicate this one to Gordon Heritage!😀 He helped me alot explaining important things! I completely forgot to mention... Got carried away with all the writing!😅 Thank you Gordon!👍😄🏆 Have a great day! Be lucky! Cheers!😄

20200722_173416.jpg

20200722_173651.jpg

• Thanks 1