My 3 First Runs With The GPX 5000

Well displayed.  The quick and easy of cut and paste works.

Your 'forgetfulness' reminds me of my trips.  

I'll give you an excuse.  We just have discovery of meaningful targets on our minds so much that we 'forget' our mental check lists.  In the future have one at hand so you don't show up without a detector!

Mitchel

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

Well displayed.  The quick and easy of cut and paste works.

Your 'forgetfulness' reminds me of my trips.  

I'll give you an excuse.  We just have discovery of meaningful targets on our minds so much that we 'forget' our mental check lists.  In the future have one at hand so you don't show up without a detector!

Mitchel

Haha!

I forgot to mention that I forgot my pick at the area! Only noticed 2 days later 🤣

Naaaah... I forgot alot of things because I'm always very busy with alot of stuff!! Facebook groups, metal detect tests and alot of day dreaming!🤣

Thank you mate

• Like 1

Awesome finds!  I actually collect ancient roman coins and I can certainly see some in your treasures.  Not possible to find those here in Nevada, but can certainly appreciate your discoveries!  Thank you for sharing 

• Like 1

Welcome,some tremendous finds,have  detected with Gordon (Ironhearted Gog' a few times over the years and also possibly on one of the hardest inland sites to detect a roman trading villa site as the soil conditions are just like black high mineral sand that you find on the beach its that bad,but machines like the GPX which you use have accounted for many many coins found on this site infact the huge amount is staggering.

One main thing i learnt from Gordon when related to using a Pulse machine in this instant also is the GPX 5K is the 'spray paint' method' when on farmland using a special marker spray can on either a new permission or one that has all ready produced a hoard,in Gorden's YouTube video that he made some years back he demonstrated how he uses his GPX and a Minelab705 together trying to locate possibly more gold full staters from the original hoard......this is a method that i adopted some years back albeit not with a GPX but a TDI Pro with the 15x12 GPX mono coil and the Nexus MP both work identically to the same system devised by Gordon.

The history on your sites ie roman and saxon etc and basically the exact same as what we find here in the UK,very well done on your finds,i can also relate to your comments about depth and the main reason behind why you use the GPX for deep artefact/hoard hunting and the reason why a Pulse with large coil is required as it only possibly takes just one decent find at that greater depth to pay for all the detectors many times over.

Enjoy your style of detecting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Steve D said:

Awesome finds!  I actually collect ancient roman coins and I can certainly see some in your treasures.  Not possible to find those here in Nevada, but can certainly appreciate your discoveries!  Thank you for sharing 

Thank you mate! Well, you can always travel!😀                 My pleasure!

Cheers

17 hours ago, RickUK said:

Welcome,some tremendous finds,have  detected with Gordon (Ironhearted Gog' a few times over the years and also possibly on one of the hardest inland sites to detect a roman trading villa site as the soil conditions are just like black high mineral sand that you find on the beach its that bad,but machines like the GPX which you use have accounted for many many coins found on this site infact the huge amount is staggering.

One main thing i learnt from Gordon when related to using a Pulse machine in this instant also is the GPX 5K is the 'spray paint' method' when on farmland using a special marker spray can on either a new permission or one that has all ready produced a hoard,in Gorden's YouTube video that he made some years back he demonstrated how he uses his GPX and a Minelab705 together trying to locate possibly more gold full staters from the original hoard......this is a method that i adopted some years back albeit not with a GPX but a TDI Pro with the 15x12 GPX mono coil and the Nexus MP both work identically to the same system devised by Gordon.

The history on your sites ie roman and saxon etc and basically the exact same as what we find here in the UK,very well done on your finds,i can also relate to your comments about depth and the main reason behind why you use the GPX for deep artefact/hoard hunting and the reason why a Pulse with large coil is required as it only possibly takes just one decent find at that greater depth to pay for all the detectors many times over.

Enjoy your style of detecting.

Hi mate! Thank you for the welcoming!

Yes, very nasty soil haha! I have been detecting for 3 years and 4 months, and just got the GPX! So imagine what I've been through!😁 I do +9 hours sessions every time i go out! Them Medieval areas although mostly don't have a darker soil, it's full of pottery fragments that are mineralized.

Never met Gordon personally... hope that i will someday! Yes I remember that trick! But personally, since i detect for many hours, i prefer to inspect my targets by removing some soil ( but the paint trick is very smart for short hunts).

I'm going to follow you,  because you actually make me feel like I'm at home and you know where I'm coming from!  I have a long way to learn about the GPX, i already can predict some heavy stuff in the future when i master this beast of machine!

Thank you so much mate, you too!

Be lucky!

Cheers

• Like 1

Awesome effort, what sort of depth are you getting on coins with the 14"? Also what do you do with these coins?