Tarsacci.... UK Roman Site Hunt

Tomorrow, 30th July...........

im using the Tarsacci MDT on its first Roman site tomorrow,, 

The field has only the headland cut,, (wholecrop silage),, but I can't wait to experiment with the Tarsacci, I will only have a few hours to spare here but really looking forward to this opportunity!

ive been detecting this site since the early nineties,, (Fisher 1265X)  was the first detector I ever used here....(loved that machine),, and numerous other detectors since!

Site has been detected heavily throughout, not just by me , but numerous of other people, so,,, should be an excellent place to see what the Tarsacci can unearth,,,, .. For the record, I detected this site last year and only found about  half a dozen coins,,, in a whole days hunt,, so it will be a great test!

Hopefully some photos of Finds to follow, and a brief summary of how it went!

regards

Dave. H

On 7/29/2020 at 2:15 PM, Dave.H said:

Tomorrow, 30th July...........

im using the Tarsacci MDT on its first Roman site tomorrow,, 

The field has only the headland cut,, (wholecrop silage),, but I can't wait to experiment with the Tarsacci, I will only have a few hours to spare here but really looking forward to this opportunity!

ive been detecting this site since the early nineties,, (Fisher 1265X)  was the first detector I ever used here....(loved that machine),, and numerous other detectors since!

Site has been detected heavily throughout, not just by me , but numerous of other people, so,,, should be an excellent place to see what the Tarsacci can unearth,,,, .. For the record, I detected this site last year and only found about  half a dozen coins,,, in a whole days hunt,, so it will be a great test!

Hopefully some photos of Finds to follow, and a brief summary of how it went!

regards

Dave. H

Fingers crossed. Cheers

• Like 1

My first Roman search with the Tarsacci went very well, sadly though the stubble was much longer than I imagined, only a few areas were short, most was just too high for detecting.

However, I found Roman coins, including a early silver! loads of silvers have come from here over the past years! Really cuffed to get my first silver with the MDT,,,. I've not tried to ID it yet, but looks an early one.

Not much else turned up, a couple of shotgun tops, one piece of lead,didn't get caught out with much iron, really is quite easy to tell Iron using the Tarsacci, the best area of the field as for Finds go is still in crop, so will have to get back later, may probably wait for the field to be cultivated, taking into account the long stubble.

Settings .

TrH, -4,,,, any higher was getting noisy, -1 was unusable here.

Dsc, -30

Sens, 7 ,,,, very stable 

GB, auto 910/930

Disc mode

ST, 41

Black sand, OFF

TRACK, OFF

Fc, 12K & 18K

The -4 on TrH,, made all the difference here today, no false signals from the Coil touching the stubble, all together a very enjoyable 3 hour search, can't wait to get back here again, always a good test for any new detector is a well searched out site, gives a good insight to how good the machine should be.

I'm so far delighted with the MDT.

Regards.

Dave.

IMG_2373.JPG

IMG_2374.JPG

• Like 2

Nice goin Dave! 
Those are some great coins, w a lot of history!

Your settings look spot on!

Aaron

• Like 1

Thanks Aaron,, appreciate your commitment.

PS. Just to put the record straight,,,,,,,

I paid Tarsacci for my machine, $1,200 + UK import duties, and VAT when it arrived in the U.K.

So far, I'm  more than happy with my investment!

thanks.

Dave.

Yes, you did Dave, as per the ad I placed on Rogers Relics. However someone has lied and said otherwise to fit their own agenda.....

Keep up the great work Dave, we’re proud of you mate!

Aaron

• Like 1
  • Confused 1