Bill in Ca

Quiet Out Here In San Diego

I am new here on this forum. Name here is Bill, located in north county of S.D. I recently upgraded my equipment from a AT MAX to a Nox800...what a difference! Kinda dumb not spending the extra $ and getting it in the first place...but oh well. If you are out here nearby let's hook up and refill the change coffers! Well....you find the change and I will keep the gold!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bill in Ca said:

I am new here on this forum. Name here is Bill, located in north county of S.D. I recently upgraded my equipment from a AT MAX to a Nox800...what a difference! Kinda dumb not spending the extra $ and getting it in the first place...but oh well. If you are out here nearby let's hook up and refill the change coffers! Well....you find the change and I will keep the gold!

Welcome Bill from another fan of the Nox 800 but I use mine mostly in freshwater as I prefer to use pulse detectors at the beach. However, I remember hunting one San Diego beach that was so infested with iron that I couldn't use my Dual Field. The Nox would have been great to use back then.

• Like 1

Glad your here bill, When I was a kid I lived with my sister in SD for a while. My favorite place was la jolla, best place to see the sunset!!!  Also SD zoo is the best in the country. Looking forward to your finds and posts.

• Like 1

Hello Bill,

Welcome to the forum! I'm on the Florida Coast with my 800! Best of luck with yours! Hope to see some good finds from you !!👍👍

Hi Bill , and welcome. I used to live around the corner from Buccaneer park and parents used to live in Carlsbad. I'm a little north of you now , but I hunt Diego often as I know most of the beaches well. Some great detecting beaches but you also need to have your head on a swivel if you hunt at night. Particularly north county.

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By MN_Digger
      Been relic hunting and metal detecting for quite a few years...getting back into it after a hiatus for a few years (sometimes life gets in the way). What I like the most about the hobby is the historical research that goes into finding sites. Besides metal detecting, I also enjoy hunting for, and collecting, Native American artifacts as well as old bottles and marbles. Happy hunting!
    • By lemarquez
      Hi all,
      I am Eric, I am 42 years old. I have been practicing metal detection for 25 years and gold panning for 18 years.
      I have 2 children who love to search for coins and gold with me.
      I live not far from Gaillac, a region known for its wine.
      I have an equinox 800 and one sluice box caledonan to look for gold in the river.
    • By zhangxiaotong
      Hello everyone, I am a treasure hunter from the Loess Plateau in northern China. I am very happy to come here to meet you. With my current simple experience, I cannot determine the use of a machine suitable for our local soil. I would like to ask all the experts to consult.  The pure loess plateau here is less mineralized, the soil layer is pure, and there are very few rocks. I am currently optimistic about the machines, Whites Spectra v3i, AKA SiGNUM MFD, mostly Xp35 and Minelab. I want to buy a deep  A good machine is mainly looking for silver coins and copper coins. I hope you can give excellent suggestions. In addition, I want to know if the depth of the Whites TDI SL pulse machine can exceed V3I and Aka. Please give excellent suggestions from friends who have used it.  I will be grateful for this, thank you all!

• By tunde
      Hello all, I am new to prospecting and I plan to do it as a part time due work. am here to learn about it all, I already purchase a minelab gold monster 1000, I hope I made the right choice as regards that. Good to be here.  
    • By Explorer001
      Hi All
      New to this forum but an oldie. Still running one of the first  two Explorers brought into Canada. I think it was 1999 or 98 They called me Sir Larry and the other Explorer owner was called King Richard, Cause he was so good at metal detecting. Me not so much. But did pretty well with Explorer and the Excalibur 800
      Getting back into  the hobby and thinking of getting an 800 but have allot of questions

• By bigtim1973
      Some of you may know me from the other places online we all kind of frequent. Anyways, I did not know this forum existed!! So hello to all and am glad to be here!!