Minelab GPX 6000

VicR

14 minutes ago, Gold Catcher said:

With the X-coils being the Generals..:)

Only problem with the X-coils is they will not run on a GPX, at least not at this time, maybe you on to something?

7 minutes ago, Gold Catcher said:

That would assume the 5000 would remain in the fleet. With a new 6000 and the 7000 as the flag ship, it would be tough to see the value proposition for the 5000 to remain. The 6000 could just take over and then be the only gold-PI with an iron meter, next to other improvements that you mentioned. We shall see...

Realize the GPX-5000 was $5800 at one time and then they dropped them to $4000.  We dealers have been wanting another detector in the $5000 to $7000 range as there is now a big gap (GPX-5000 for $4000  through GPZ-7000 at $8K).  They just fazed out the GPX-4500's so I (don't know shit) would hope the GPX-5000 at $4K would stay around a while.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Realize the GPX-5000 was $5800 at one time and then they dropped them to $4000.  We dealers have been wanting another detector in the $5000 to $7000 range as there is now a big gap (GPX-5000 for $4000  through GPZ-7000 at $8K).  They just fazed out the GPX-4500's so I (don't know shit) would hope the GPX-5000 at $4K would stay around a while.  

Makes sense, Gerry, the business aspect I had not considered. I guess the rumor mill will spin for a while longer.

PS: If there will be X-coils for the GPX (old or new) Simon would be the first to know 🙂

Everything people have mentioned here is old though. Any cheapy phone with access to an app store has a GPS lightyears ahead of the GPZ. Any new high level detector should be expected to have a modern ergonomic design, case, LiPo battery, wireless option, and screen. Even waterproofing. An $8000 detector better have it all in spades, without question. Spiral coils are old news, and already work on the 5000.

Even if this new detector included every one of these things, it would only be status quo at best, and 5 years behind the times if I'm being honest.

Are people's expectations for an $8000 detector really that low? I'm asking seriously, not trying to stir anything. I just think if that's all this 6000 is, and that sort of release is the new normal, then ML is going to find themselves on the same path as White's when it comes to consumer detectors. I have to believe there is something new, that neither the 5000 nor 7000 has. Otherwise, I fail to see who the customers will be for such a machine, unless it was significantly cheaper than the 5000, which apparantly it is not.

• Like 1

Probably a new super duper timing added. 5 usec. I could go for that as "new tech". The GPX's are such a wide range machine already, all it would take to be of interest is something worthwhile. Not particularly a GPS unit either.

2 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

ealize the GPX-5000 was $5800 at one time and then they dropped them to $4000.  We dealers have been wanting another detector in the $5000 to $7000 range as there is now a big gap (GPX-5000 for $4000  through GPZ-7000 at $8K).  They just fazed out the GPX-4500's so I (don't know shit) would hope the GPX-5000 at $4K would stay around a while. 

Take a look, now you can buy the GPZ even at Walmart, for $10k!.....Gerry, I bet people get a better deal with you 🤣🤣

walmart gpz.JPG

Just over 2 years ago Minelab released Equinox which performs (imo) as good as (or better) than Etrac and CTX3030 which both cost way more, add that Equinox is fun to use and you have a market winner. Therefore there is a good chance that GPX6000 will make a similar technological leap and put us into a world not as we know it.

Im sure Minelab realise that if they tick all the boxes from their market research they will have another market winner - a slight improvement to the GPX5000 will not be accepted by their savvy customers and a flop will affect Codans share price - so its serious business for these guys. Luckily South Australia does not have community Covid transmitted infections at the moment unlike Victoria where the state is closed down so with a bit of luck the Sept release date reported will not be affected.

At the moment all we have is a price point and name. Will be interesting to see the real thing.

• Like 1

I wish the GPX 6000 was housed in a excalibur housing, as opposed to the CTX/GPZ style housing. Just make it waterproof (for real 😄). If they just made the EMI mitigation better, then I would be happy with just those two advancements. Adding some extra depth to it would be icing on the cake for me. I know it's a gold machine, but acknowledging the fact that it is a great relic and beach machine would also boost sales. 

Seta and GPX were both trade marked separately in 2009 but appear on the same detectors.

Multi IQ and Equinox were both trade marked separately in 2017 but appear on the same detector.

Geo Sense - PI and GPX 6000 - both names were filed for trade mark in July 2020 - Im guessing we are going to have a GPX 6000 incorporating Geo Sense - PI. What is Geo Sense - PI? Maybe its an adaption of ground penetrating radar (ultra wide band impulse radar) combined with pulse induction technology from the military MDS-10.

Timing - Looking at prior trade mark applications for the equinox and vanquish - it took about 6 months for the trade mark to be granted and product was launched from 3 to 9 months after the granting of the  trade mark. So GPX6000 should be granted by the end of 2020 with launch somewhere between March and September 2021.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, VicR said:

Maybe its an adaption of ground penetrating radar (ultra wide band impulse radar) combined with pulse induction technology

This could challenge ZVT and perhaps challenge the 7000 franchise