Any initials to try to track down? Be very vague with your description when posting.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kac said:

Any initials to try to track down? Be very vague with your description when posting.

I definitely will.  No initials,  just a dedication and a date.

What a great story of your first gold find- congrats! That's a  pretty nice weight for your first one too. 

• Thanks 1

Congratulations! The first one is always the hardest!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bash said:

I definitely will.  No initials,  just a dedication and a date.

You mean you're going to put those two in the ad?  Another approach is to say there is an inscription and date on the inner surface and require the 'loser weeper' to say what it is.  (Maybe that is what your plan was....)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

You mean you're going to put those two in the ad?  Another approach is to say there is an inscription and date on the inner surface and require the 'loser weeper' to say what it is.  (Maybe that is what your plan was....)

I was just going to say I found a plain gold band with an inscription and a date.  Give me the the inscription, date, and where you lost it, and it's yours. 😇

It was down about five inches, probably been there awhile, so I doubt I'll get any real responses, but if I can return it to the original owner, I will.

• Like 2

Congratulations.

Now that you have heard that sound (the sound of a solid ring) it comes back to you.  You'll be fooled by some bad sounds and get some rings that way too but a 'bong' sound with full body is a lovely sound at the beach and park.  It makes you look at your number and you hope it is uncommon for a coin.

More will follow but nothing like the first nice one.  My first gold ring was a thin band.  You will get 5-10 times as many junk rings as gold.

Mitchel

• Like 1

Great find and I am still looking for my first ring as it is on my bucket list to find one.

Good idea not to say what it is on the ring so that the true owner can identify it properly.

Good hunting and good luck on your next hunt.

• Like 1

Great find, happy for you and hope you keep finding that sound we are all listening for. 

• Like 1