16 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Wow! That's a Nice one! Hate to say it but I hope you get to keep your first!

Me too, Joe!

• Like 1

Soooo SWEET! It’s such a rush to find gold!!!!

Congrats!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
17 hours ago, okara gold said:

Congratulations! The first one is always the hardest!

X2    :smile:   

• Like 1

I remember my first gold find like it was tomorrow.  :laugh:

Seriously though, great saves.  Finding your first gold is a great feeling and now you are definitely hooked, if you weren't before.  Yes, gold sounds as sweet as it looks.

Oh, and you will be rewarded with some great detecting karma by attempting to reunite it with the owner, whether you locate them or not.

Congrats.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

Seriously though, great saves.  Finding your first gold is a great feeling and now you are definitely hooked, if you weren't before.  Yes, gold sounds as sweet as it looks.

Thanks Chase!

I was already hooked. Now I'm obsessed.😁

• Like 1

Congrats on your first Gold. Here's hoping it remains with you.  Nice pile of jewelry, even if it's junk it still gets your heart going.

HH

Mike

• Like 1

Not sure how Craigslist would work out on something like that, always seems shady to me but I tend to be skeptical about those things.

16 minutes ago, kac said:

Not sure how Craigslist would work out on something like that, always seems shady to me but I tend to be skeptical about those things.

I kept the ad pretty nebulous:

"Found gold ring in Helena park. Tell me what park and what the inscription is, and it will be returned."

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By cuniagau
      I dug a unique silver ring on the beach yesterday with the Equinox.  I was expecting a quarter and got the ring instead.  Doing some research, I determined that it is a Sound Wave ring.  More research determined that it was a Spotify Sound Wave ring.  If you have the Spotify app on your phone you can go to Search and then go to Scan and scan the ring.  The app will open up a playlist of some 10 hours of "Alina and Parker's" favorite songs.   And that is just another reason why I love this hobby so much.  You learn something every day!!! 

• By Erik Oostra
      This morning was the first time in 6 weeks that I’ve had a chance to hunt my local beaches at Alma Bay and Horseshoe Bay.. I didn’t bring a detector with me to Canberra where I was helping out after my old man had a hip replacement.. Being away from the island has turned out great as for the first time in years I dug everything.. At these beaches I usually disregard low target IDs on the Nox800, anything below 13-14 nearly always results in pull-tabs, bottle tops or bits of foil (or 5 cents).. I got into the very bad habit of switching to ‘coin mode’, where I look for low 20s to shoot 1 and 2 dollar coins (50 cents usually reads 17 and 20 cents reads 16).. But the sheer joy of getting back into it made me dig every target.. I’m both very happy I did and kicking myself for not always doing so..  
      At Horseshoe Bay I found a chunky gold necklace (585 hallmark) and at Alma Bay a little gold ring (375) with little purple stones (maybe amethyst?).. And a fist full of dollars.. It’s really made me wonder what else I’ve left behind.. The necklace rang in at 3-4 and the ring at 11, both were just below the surface in wet sand.. It felt as if they were waiting for me to find them, since I’ve been away we’ve had the Easter holidays and 2 public-holiday long weekends.. These are usually good times of the year to get out early in the morning to hit those beaches, and the island's other beach hunters know it too.. But I haven't been so lucky with the bling bling in a long time, it’s definitely back to digging all targets.. 

• By Gerry in Idaho
      Was swinging the EQ-800 the other day and hit this nice specimen.  
      I realize all the love is for the new GPX-6000, but come on, the reality is most folks can't afford it.
      There is still plenty people having fun with the VLF's.

• By Rick N. MI
      I really like the coil. It has a sharp detecting edge and is fast. It was nice out. Was 55F. I went to field next to an old school house where I've gotten old coins before. I went to a different area. There was emi and used 15 khz and it ran smooth with sensitivity 24, 2 tone, recovery 4 (should have used 6, lots of iron), Iron bias F2 0. The single tones run so smooth. 
      Only one keeper, maybe drawer pull?

• By Gerry in Idaho
      I like detecting for a variety of gold and really enjoy finding the stuff many higher end detectors can't see.  I don't know yet, but feel the extra capabilities of the GPX-6000 will open up some of these areas I hunt with the VLF's to get even more of the gold and at greater depths or in worse soil conditions.  As long as I am getting more gold, I'm happy.  Will the new GPX-6000 see this kind of gold or act like all other PI's and the ZED and not see at all?
      I recently recovered this 4.2 gram speci with the EQ-800 while running the new CoilTek NOX 15" round.  My goal was to find a piece of gold with the 15" and I met that goal.
      Part of some other testing back at base proved why I still like to take 2 detector technologies in the field.  This particular beauty was found right in the middle of a GPZ-7000 grid area, along with 4 others while using different coils on the EQ-800.  All 5 pieces specimens have visible gold and a couple how quite a bit, but to the point.
      The reason I found them in that gridded area, is because the GPZ-7000 does not respond or on a couple right near 1" and that's it.  I teach folks this in my classes, as well as try to educate others on the goods and the bads of different detectors and technologies.  Sometimes I get detectorists who are good hunters with their detectors and have success, tell me I'm full of BS and their detector will find it.
      I made a post on my FB (Gerry McMullen) and shared a pic of the find along with the true comments of, the GPZ will not see it.  Between the private messages and or public posts, I was immediately informed by a few of BS and even told how I must not know the GPZ-7000.  One well known GP-3500 hunter even said he guaranteed his 3500 would hear it.  
      I know gold detectors and I know how to find gold with a variety of gold machines.  No I am not the best, but I most certainly can hold my own and I learn to adapt really fast to a new area.  Traveling to different states and countries to hunt for and find many different kinds of gold has helped elevate my detector knowledge and skill of many models of detectors and the differing Au rocks I have collected. 
      So here is hoping the GPX-6000 with it's GeoSensing can respond to this little beauty.  If it does, I know of some areas I'll be swinging the 6000.  If it is like the GP-3500, the GPX-5000 and the GPZ-7000 and misses it, that fine too, I know what they can't see and realize it,  I will also know where not to use the 6000.
      Bottom line for everyone.  Please learn the kinds of gold your detector is good at finding and what it is not, so you aren't wasting time  in those areas.  Or be sure you have at least 2 different detector technologies.

• By Tahoegold
      So, I really like the Makro Gold Racer. I keep finding more things about it. Recently, I found a really tiny 14k gold chain visually, just lying on the ground.  I had my compadre and it couldnt pick it up. I took the chain home and tried it on my GR. I had the factory settings, 10 on disc, using Disc 2 the deeper one, and tone break at 30. Nothing, I couldn't get it to detect it.
      So, while I was waving this chain in front of the 10" DD coil I started lowering the disc, I realized the ID number was about 3. So, I experimented with going one number at a time all the way to 0. At 1 I could get a somewhat clear signal. At zero it was a nice signal. Even the big coil coild pick it up at about an inch.
      I have been trying to find micro jewelery with no luck. Maybe this is why. I have not used the disc mode in all metal. You see, I really like the clear signal the disc modes give. I have a hard time "reading" the all metal mode. I can really hear the signals in the disc modes. Why is the all metal mode so hard to understand? So very faint target sounds compared to the really obvious ones in disc.
      So, am I searching in all metal when disc is at 0? It sure seems as deep and sensitive as all metal. I get much more audible info than all metal in my opinion. However, I have to state here, I'm not an expert. I know the all metal has a way of indicating a target with thresh hold sounds too, or, the silence of the thresh hold sometimes on tiny targets. But, it's not as easy as this method. I really could hear this tiny chain this way.
      Can I hunt just as effectively like this or should I keep trying to learn the all metal mode? What's your opinions? And, please, lets keep this discussion to the Gold racer and those who have one. 
      I'm actually really glad to have discovered this. I'm fortunate to have this chain to test.