Sign in to follow this  
pinpointa

Equinox Saving Personal Program 800

Multifrequency brings a lot to the table, but I am glad that ML saw fit to give us many single frequency options on the Equinox.  Wish they had provided one single frequency mode, at least, to the higher end Vanquish and adjustable ground balance.  Would have closed the features gap to the Equinox 600 but at a great price to performance ratio.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Multifrequency brings a lot to the table, but I am glad that ML saw fit to give us many single frequency options on the Equinox.  Wish they had provided one single frequency mode, at least, to the higher end Vanquish and adjustable ground balance.  Would have closed the features gap to the Equinox 600 but at a great price to performance ratio.

....and adjustable noise cancel...without having to re-power the machine back up

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Raphis said:

....and adjustable noise cancel...without having to re-power the machine back up

As we further hijack this thread :laugh:, one more wish for Vanquish, wish the individual mode settings (e.g., discrimination pattern) simply remained in permanent memory like the way mode settings are saved on Equinox. The single custom slot is insufficient for dealing with the discrimination pattern you have to use on each mode to cancel out ground noise due to the fixed GB setting.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, phrunt said:

I'm no guru on this stuff, lately I've been finding on my deep coins the TID up averaging tends to be worse in lower frequencies than higher ones.  4kHz and 5kHz are worst for it, 10 is improving, by 15 and 20 things are pretty good but nothing matches Multi-IQ for accurate ID's for me.

This sounds quite similar to Jeff McClendon's conclusions a couple days ago.  I think that also was in a thread discussing the new v3.0 upgrade, but I don't have a link handy.   Calabash digger's video also showed, or at least hinted at such.

Bottom line is that if you want to use the low single frequencies -- new 4 kHz and (always true before this update) 5 kHz you've got to recalibrate your brain as to where your desired coin targets hit on the digital TID scale.  That doesn't seem to be the case for other modes (including Gold mode) or frequencies (well, apparently 10 kHz is a bit shifted as well, just not so severely). 

• Like 2