Help-seeking Learning For Newcomers From China

zhangxiaotong

Hello everyone, I am a treasure hunter from the Loess Plateau in northern China. I am very happy to come here to meet you. With my current simple experience, I cannot determine the use of a machine suitable for our local soil. I would like to ask all the experts to consult.  The pure loess plateau here is less mineralized, the soil layer is pure, and there are very few rocks. I am currently optimistic about the machines, Whites Spectra v3i, AKA SiGNUM MFD, mostly Xp35 and Minelab. I want to buy a deep  A good machine is mainly looking for silver coins and copper coins. I hope you can give excellent suggestions. In addition, I want to know if the depth of the Whites TDI SL pulse machine can exceed V3I and Aka. Please give excellent suggestions from friends who have used it.  I will be grateful for this, thank you all!

f320df3383c195b18d7c09e98fea14fd.jpeg

• Like 2

The Minelab Equinox 800 is a really great unit, and they are still in business. Whites has closed down but there are still some great units out there. The only problem with a Whites is going to be service if it breaks.

Good luck and good hunting.

• Like 1

Welcome, Zhangxiaotong!  That is interesting looking country.  Are those caves (natural or human excavated) or mines?  I hope whatever they are that they are safe, if you're going to detect inside them.

I can't really give you site specific advice.  The White's TDI/SL won't discriminate between different metals as well as the others so you will likely spend a lot of time digging trash if using it.  Typically PI's are used in highly mineralized ground where the IB/VLF detectors (others you mention) don't work well.  Thus the decision between PI and IB/VLF depends upon how mineralized (ferrous content) the ground is.

2 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Welcome, Zhangxiaotong!  That is interesting looking country.  Are those caves (natural or human excavated) or mines?  I hope whatever they are that they are safe, if you're going to detect inside them.

I can't really give you site specific advice.  The White's TDI/SL won't discriminate between different metals as well as the others so you will likely spend a lot of time digging trash if using it.  Typically PI's are used in highly mineralized ground where the IB/VLF detectors (others you mention) don't work well.  Thus the decision between PI and IB/VLF depends upon how mineralized (ferrous content) the ground is.

Thank you very much for your suggestion. The dwellings (cave dwellings) you mentioned are used for thousands of years in the Loess Plateau, and some people use them now. The pictures you see are probably ancient villages one or two hundred years ago. Those ancient cave dwellings are not  It's safe. It can only be detected in the yard. A deep detector is needed, because the ground has collapsed loess!  The soil layer is relatively thick, and there are ancient historical wars here. The history is one or two thousand years old, and there are many similar relics!

1596378915776.jpg

1596378879006.jpg

1596378862578.jpg

• Like 4

Any current well known model will do the job. The Equinox 800 and XP Deus are a couple very popular detectors that will handle most any task you desire. Beware excessive claims... anything advertised as working more than a half meter should be suspect, anything over two meters all buy impossible.

https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/3081-how-deep-can-i-detect-coins-relics/?tab=comments#comment-34467

• Like 2

Welcome to the forums.

If the soil is mild any machine will do. I have a Makro Multi Kruzer that does very well with silver in particular even at 19khz. Nox 800 is also a great machine as many here use them. There are more coil options for the Nokta machines which may prove useful depending the area your searching.

• Like 2

Welcome Zhang,

Great looking area there, you have to hunt! The detector suggestions are solid! But it would help to know what your price range is!

I wish you much luck!!👍👍

On 8/3/2020 at 12:08 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

Any current well known model will do the job. The Equinox 800 and XP Deus are a couple very popular detectors that will handle most any task you desire. Beware excessive claims... anything advertised as working more than a half meter should be suspect, anything over two meters all buy impossible.

https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/3081-how-deep-can-i-detect-coins-relics/?tab=comments#comment-34467

Thank you very much for your professional reply and valuable information in the link, which has played a key role in my understanding of the detector. I think your answer is rigorous, because VLF and PI have technical limits, and have reached the depth limit in the 1990s. Later, only horizontal technologies such as double impedance and metal resolution have been developed. Do you have any comments on the characteristics of Bulgarian deep tech ground pioneer 4500 and golden mask deep Hunter Pro 5? Is the relationship between them and GPZ 7000 just suitable for searching for metal objects with different sizes?