Garrett Ace Apex User Manual

Nice manual but surprisingly little new information to be gleaned from it. The information on multi takes a whole page. Runs up to 15 hours on a battery charge, takes four hours to charge when dead.

Click for larger version....

garrett-ace-apex-multi-flex-multifrequency.jpg
Garrett Ace Apex Multi-Flex multifrequency options

garrett-ace-apex-metal-detector-technical-specifications.jpg

I so detest built in batteries.......

Your dead in the water till it recharges...... 

Give me replaceable battery packs of give me death...LOL

• Like 1

The British version of KG & Ringy, but a bit more subdued.  (2Valen -- now there's a British accent, one of many.  That one would take me some getting used to.)  I like hearing the targets in the ground.  That was a lot of thick grass she was detecting through, forcing the coil to stay elevated.  Interesting when she apparently got a high signal from a small bit of non-ferrous near that chunk of iron, although I wish she'd shown the video digging the two.

Another interesting point she made was (for her ears) better sounds with the headphones.  This is a case when I long for the good old days where you could go into an MD shop and try out a detector.  I think there's one of those near me, but I haven't gotten a good vibe from them (in more than one way) so I've stayed away.  Too bad the pandemic is keeping me far from Colorado as I'm overdue for a trip out there (this fall -- probably won't happen) and I could stop by Gold-N-Detectors, assuming they get them in stock soon.  Or swing up to Idaho and visit Gerry....  Of course I'd have to convince myself this gives me something more than my Equinox, and unless I read some very strong and reliable reviews I'd want to try one out to prove it myself.  Probably not gonna happen but it sure is a good looker.

• Like 1