ID# - Item

89 - Washington Silver Quarter, Clad Quarter
83 - Mercury Silver Dime, Roosevelt Silver Dime, Clad Dime
80 - Copper Lincoln Penny, Barber Dime
76 - Seated Liberty Half Dime, Indian Head Penny
75 - Zinc Lincoln Penny
52 - Nickels

• Like 3

Odd that a Barber dime TID's lower than its silver brethren.  Anyone notice that with other detectors?

I assume these are just guides.  If I were in an area known to have Indian Head pennies there's no way I'm ignoring a 75 hit (1 bin lower) figuring it's a Stinkin' Zincoln.

On 8/1/2020 at 11:18 AM, GB_Amateur said:

I assume these are just guides

That's all target id charts ever are.... rough guides. I mainly posted the info so people could see where the tone breaks are on the Apex. Pretty standard stuff. No word yet on if Euro tone breaks with be different but it does not look like it. There is a Coins Mode, and U.S. Coins Mode, but the only difference is the notching, not the tones.

Copper penny on up - High tone

Zinc pennies - Med High tone

Nickels - Medium Tone

garrett-ace-apex-tone-options.jpg
Garrett Ace Apex Tone Options

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GB_Amateur said:

Odd that a Barber dime TID's lower than its silver brethren.  Anyone notice that with other detectors?

I assume these are just guides.  If I were in an area known to have Indian Head pennies there's no way I'm ignoring a 75 hit (1 bin lower) figuring it's a Stinkin' Zincoln.

I don't know whose information Garrett is basing their Barber dime readings from. All I know is the Seateds and Barbers I've found have been super thin.........

Jeff

I've always thought the Garrett AT series and now Apex  iron volume implementation was odd.  The ferrous tone break should be determined by the discrimination setting and vice versa.  That way you don't get the odd situation where the part of the "fixed" ferrous region above the discrimination setting is a the low tone with iron vol off and then switches to  low medium with iron volume on. Not a biggie but just weird that a non-discriminated region's tone ID changes depending on whether iron volume is off or on.

• Like 1