4 Khz And Multi

Xergix

I read a lot but I'm not sure I have found the answer,  are the 4 Khz in multi frequency or do they work alone?

They say that 4 khz are better on silver than in multi, if they were part of multi there should be no difference, but if the 4 Khz were out then it would be correct.

What do you think?

4 kHz is not part of multi-frequency....it’s just a single frequency.

One thing about the video that you may not have noticed, is he was using Park 2 detect mode on his machine, which, on Multi freq mode,  is more internally “higher” frequency weighted...that means Park 2 mode is more suited for small jewelry/gold and other lower conductors.....Park 1 Multi is better suited for high conductive targets (lower frequency weighted), and would be a better mode to test for deep silver coinage.

On 8/1/2020 at 2:25 PM, Xergix said:

I read a lot but I'm not sure I have found the answer,  are the 4 Khz in multi frequency or do they work alone?

They say that 4 khz are better on silver than in multi,  if they were part of multi there should be no difference, but if the 4 Khz were out then it would be correct.

What do you think?

There would be a difference even if 4 khz was part of the Multi spectrum, because in single frequency all of the detector's transmit energy in put into the 4 khz but in multi, the transmit energy must be spread across multiple frequencies.  Bottom line you cannot conclude anything with certainty because of this physical constraint.  BTW - It is commonly believed that 5 khz is also part of the Multi IQ spectrum, but if you ran the same comparisons, you would likely get similar results (i.e., you would see a marked difference between 5 khz and Park 1 response on a silver coin).

Furthermore, trying to reconcile whether or not the single frequencies of the Equinox comprise the fundamental constituents of the Multi IQ profiles is really difficult to determine without any confirmation from Minelab.  It is best to really consider that they are simply two different things.  The Single Frequency settings and Multi IQ are separate and there has been no evidence that they all or any of them comprise the individual fundamental constituents of any of the Multi IQ profiles with one or two exceptions.  It is best to just think of the Multi IQ profiles as a unique frequency spectrum with different prominences around certain unspecified frequencies in the low, mid, and high ranges depending on the target objective for which that spectrum is intended.  Trying to ascertain the individual frequency components is really futile and even if we were able to determine that with any certainty, then that would only be a portion of the Multi IQ story. The real secret sauce in not what fundamental frequencies comprise the various profiles but the waveforms used (e.g., square wave pulse width modulation, triangular waves, etc), whether the fundamental frequencies are simultaneously transmitted, and ultimately most important, the signal processing algorithms that are used to make target ID determinations.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

There would be a difference even if 4 khz was part of the Multi spectrum, because in single frequency all of the detector's transmit energy in put into the 4 khz but in multi, the transmit energy must be spread across multiple frequencies.

Chase, question for you.....why is Iron Bias only functional in Multi-freq mode?  What are the roadblocks ML couldn’t incorporate this??  This question has been perplexing to me....🤔. If I had the ability to use a low F2 IB with a low single frequency, it could be a deadly duo on the Nox for deep silver and other higher conductive old coinage....and similarly wouldn’t IB be just as valuable for someone using a high, single frequency mode?

Update: Thanks for your plausible, best educated explanation on this topic in the other thread! 👍🏼  https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/13436-equinox-saving-personal-program-800/?do=findComment&comment=134638