Night Hunt With Nearly Full Moon

13 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Wow! That's a lot of Digging! A good workout and cash to show for it! 

I remember hunting nights at the ocean, kind of miss it..........can't do that anymore. I'm out of the water before the sunsets now. 

Hi Obn.Don't the sharks come in at sunset.Also have you ever hunted and  were in the middle of a bluefish blitz.I have 9 gold now ,1 more and I am in the Obn double digit gold club  and yet still way behind.I won't complain since I have 5 gold in the last 6 water hunts and my buddies have not got even 1 in that time.I guess I am  lucky.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dances With Doves said:

Hi Obn.Don't the sharks come in at sunset.Also have you ever hunted and  were in the middle of a bluefish blitz.I have 9 gold now ,1 more and I am in the Obn double digit gold club  and yet still way behind.I won't complain since I have 5 gold in the last 6 water hunts and my buddies have not got even 1 in that time.I guess I am  lucky.

Congrads on the Streak! Keep it going!! 

Yes, I've seen a few sharks going up and down the beach at sunset, and that was when I hunted the Ocean. In the bay I would say 75% (or more) of the time I hunt with my eyes shut, I can focus on the audio better. Only once I start digging I have my eyes open.....I see fish jumping or bait fish around I will go on alert.

You all are braver men then me!

My former dominate hobby was fishing; Alot! I have caught most of what swim's around in the day, and night from shore; in fresh, and salt water!! No way in he🏒🏒  am i going to be in the water anywhere close to dark!!! 

There was a very sucessful water hunter on the West Coast of Florida years ago, that did extremely well! I can't remember his name, but he was in the local newspaper! He said he had been "bumped" too many times by "large" fish🦈🐬, to continue night hunting!! Which is what he most loved to do!😔👍👍

• Like 1

Wow, what a work out. Nice bunch of targets there. Here's hoping you get Gold on your next time out.

HH

Mike

• Like 1

On 8/2/2020 at 1:27 PM, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Congrads on the Streak! Keep it going!! 

Yes, I've seen a few sharks going up and down the beach at sunset, and that was when I hunted the Ocean. In the bay I would say 75% (or more) of the time I hunt with my eyes shut, I can focus on the audio better. Only once I start digging I have my eyes open.....I see fish jumping or bait fish around I will go on alert.

A bull shark ruined my last hunt. I didn't even get started I was ankle deep in the bay when I saw a 6 footer near the shoreline in front of me. Thought I had my camera running, but it was off. By the time I turned it on he was to far to get on video. That was 11:00am.

• Oh my! 2

Bull sharks are of particular concern in fresh, and salt water! They have been found hundreds of miles up into freshwater river's to have their young! Which than act's as a nursery, until they make their way,  eventually, to the ocean! There have been numerous attacks documented in fresh water, over hundreds of years!👍👍

• Like 1