TreasureHunter5

Look At This Amazing Piece Of History!

I thought I would share this. A few years ago, my family and I went of a trip to Germany for a week in the summer. My grand parents meet some German folks when they went and we meet up with them when we went. They own a dice of land where a lot of ww2 relics were found before. I took me metal detector and was able to talk them into letting me hunt it. I found a few other things, but this is probably the most interesting one. It is a original ww2 German helmet! I am very happy to have found it. It is in pretty good shape for being so old. Let me know what you think!

416055F1-335C-427B-8C35-4A2EC384E874.jpeg

• Like 8

I think that is an awesome find!! I would love to find something like that myself!! 

Thanks

Excellent! It is in pretty good shape for a buried one. My dad brought home one of those helmets, a pistol and a bayonet from WWII. Also a pair of wood clogs that were given to him by a thankful family as the troops swept through the area.

19 minutes ago, Rick N. MI said:

That is a great find! What detector were you using?

I was using a old bounty hunter tracker iD/505.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Joe D.
      Hello all, 
           I'm currently up in Georgia working on family property, getting ready for hunting season!🦌  I'm with my son and dad, so no time to detect this trip!  But there's always time to hunt for flint and arrowheads! Most all the fields are planted now, so hunting areas are limited to washes, and recently cleared areas!
          Finishing up work this morning, i did some scouting in an area cleared last winter! Had some rains since than, so figured it may have exposed something! We found some knapped piece's yesterday! And were back there again! My son had scouted the area, but missed a keeper! It's tough to find one that has not been broken! But this one was small enough to be intact! It was laying on top of the ground, shining in the sun! My first intact small arrowhead! 
         Still have more work, and sight hunting to do!
      Joe D.👍👍

• By okara gold
      Just saw this in the news. Not sure about copy and paste and all that but... Here is the link.
      https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/amateur-detectorist-finds-astonishing-bronze-age-haul-in-scotland/ar-BB17MFV2
      Bob K
    • By normmcq
      I got this one in an old yard, with my CTX.   The owners are natives of the community and didn't have a clue as to who Barby was.
                                                                                                                                             Norm

• By Glenn in CO
      A few finds from a recent detecting trip to a Colorado ghost town/mining camp. Found a token, brooch with a stone, numbered tag, ring, thimble, brass lock, crucible, marbles, buttons and the regular ghost town finds, some you can identify, others still trying to figure what they are. Some of the items the ground was not to kind to.

The Joseph Golob "Good For a 5 Cent Drink" token was one of the items that didn't fair to well in the ground. According to the Leadville City Business Directory, Golob had a saloon in 1889-1892 and in 1895 at 101 Harrison Street. The last information I could find on another token like this was on ebay and sold for $72.50, but it was in a lot nicer shape.

The item I found interesting was a assay crucible that was manufactured in England. It was manufactured by the Morgan Crucible Company in Battersea, England. I also believe I found a lead button that was from assaying not far from where I found the crucible.

• By calabash digger
      Me and Buddy Flagman went to a site that I had land hunted and decided to get in the water. It was a blast and found a few good relics...