11inch Coil Problem

I have a slight issue with my 11'' coil. Almost from day one it does not pin point in the center of the coil. It was about 2'' toward the nose, not that big a deal at the time. Now it hits anywhere on the whole edge, which means I have a 11'' pinpoint spot. This is very hard to find center target now. Also it is becoming knock sensitive on grass and gets a little chattery even on good solid targets. This coil is only about 4 months old. That being said who should I contact first, Nokta or the service center in Georgia? Anyone have any experience sending stuff back?

Sounds like a faulty coil, you could check the coil wire for chew marks, crickets are notorious for decimating the shielding on wires 🙂

• Haha 1

I'll give it a try , but I don't have any problems with the other coils. That's what made me lean towards a bad coil. Thanks Sven

Could be a faulty coil.

Was the detector new sporting the old style coil, which some have a problem?

Contact Dilek at Nokta with the serial number of the coil.

I purchased the coil afterwards, stock coil was a 7x11. I emailed Nokta with serial number and problem, but did not get a response back yet. I love this coil even with the problems, but thinking it might be better without Ha Ha. Thanks for your help. I'll keep you posted on the results.

Forgive me, I thought you were talking about the Simplex and the stock 11" coil.

Just rereading your post. The large DD coils will not pinpoint dead center it will usually be several inches in front when using the pinpoint button or at the tip or heel of the coil when not.

You will find the more times you center the target and press the PP button the detector will detune the target and the pinpoint area moves closer to coils center from the coil tip.

I find the coils edge helps locate a target.

The large coil may be a bit chattery, so you may not be able to run full gain. You may have to drop threshold setting as well. Is it possible your trying to run the Kruzer to hot and sparky? 

• Like 1

I do run the MK a little hot, but most times I'm at about 86 to 90 on the gain on 3 tone mode. There is no threshold adjustment on 3 tone. I've tried dropping to 70 on gain but still no correction in the performance. I'll try going through some other factory settings, and see if that helps with the knock sensitivity. Thanks Sven