For the relative brief experience I have gained with the Tdi Beachhunter in the last year, after modifying it, changing coil, changing batteries and testing every possible combination of gain, delay and GB, I can say with certainty that such a low delay in salt water  can only give you problems. I am not talking only about noise, but also about making target identification less effective. After 11 years with a Vlf, it was a sudden transition, with no similarity between the two machines. Now, I'm peacefully setting a delay of 15uS, which I consider the minimum acceptable for a stable threshold and the removal of trivial insignificant pieces of foil. Maybe hunting for nuggets, I would use under 10uS, but away from a beach and away from human traces. Following an "edge" can be frustrating too simply cause of the minimum side wave action on you.

If I think of the AQ as the next detector in my hands, I can already see it in tone mode, with a gain of 4, sat on 5 and reject on 3. Delay can only be dictated by environment...

All this to be reworked over and over again and only on "certain" types of sand.

So powerful that I'm looking for an effective tool to seriously dig so deep submerged.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Skullgolddiver said:

For the relative brief experience I have gained with the Tdi Beachhunter in the last year, after modifying it, changing coil, changing batteries and testing every possible combination of gain, delay and GB, I can say with certainty that such a low delay in salt water  can only give you problems. I am not talking only about noise, but also about making target identification less effective. After 11 years with a Vlf, it was a sudden transition, with no similarity between the two machines. Now, I'm peacefully setting a delay of 15uS, which I consider the minimum acceptable for a stable threshold and the removal of trivial insignificant pieces of foil. Maybe hunting for nuggets, I would use under 10uS, but away from a beach and away from human traces. Following an "edge" can be frustrating too simply cause of the minimum side wave action on you.

If I think of the AQ as the next detector in my hands, I can already see it in tone mode, with a gain of 4, sat on 5 and reject on 3. Delay can only be dictated by environment...

All this to be reworked over and over again and only on "certain" types of sand.

So powerful that I'm looking for an effective tool to seriously dig so deep submerged.

I talked yesterday with Alexander Tartar,the designer of AQ on Facebook,he said the final unit is going to be available worldwide around the new year,so I am soooo happy to buy one as fast it hits the european market,,,,

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PPP said:

so I am soooo happy to buy one as fast it hits the european market

I will be happy the same way...But wait for an official pricing release as the "Euro type"can easily be here at almost twice the cost of limited..At that point I'll be forced to evaluate another option by competitors.