Night Hunts = 3 Golds

Great finds Compass, The F on that ring stands for fabbuloso. Sometimes the late bird finds the worm!!!

• Thanks 1

Those are some great hunts and better results.  I'll give it a try again tonight.

This brings up a point that I sometimes make.  We all talk about hunting the 'low tide' when in fact we are hitting the cuts that happened at HIGH TIDE.  If the waves were right some of the heavies didn't make it up to the cut and we find them in mid-beach.  It is actually rare for me on my beaches to find the good stuff in the negative tide area.  It is up on the very high plus side (with good waves at that time) where I find more.

Mitchel

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Love the 21k also! Nice design and high K!!

Like you I''ve questioned my choice of machine..but most of the time by days end I'm Happy with the choice I made.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dances With Doves said:

Great hunts.It seems you have a compass to find treasure.

Thanks Dances With Doves, It may seems that way but I usually only post when I have my better hunts. But, since my recent retirement I have been metal detecting a lot more. I also, usually,  try to go to the beach only when the combination of tides/swell/wind make the conditions promising for sand movement. Fortunately, I have some productive fresh water hunting grounds when the beach is slow so, all in all, my chances of finding treasure have improved this year.

• Like 2

Beautiful hunts. Sometimes you just hit it right and have great results. Other times you try very hard and just get clad 😄 That's the fun of detecting for me. Waiting for that gold moment is addicting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

Those are some great hunts and better results.  I'll give it a try again tonight.

This brings up a point that I sometimes make.  We all talk about hunting the 'low tide' when in fact we are hitting the cuts that happened at HIGH TIDE.  If the waves were right some of the heavies didn't make it up to the cut and we find them in mid-beach.  It is actually rare for me on my beaches to find the good stuff in the negative tide area.  It is up on the very high plus side (with good waves at that time) where I find more.

Mitchel

Thanks Mitchel, Even though I've been hitting the beaches pretty regularly the last 10 years I'm still learning things about the beach most every time out. The impacts of tides, swell and wind on sand movement is something that even experts seem to not fully understand. I certainly don't either but from trial and error I am starting to get more consistent results as I become more familiar with the places I hunt whether high on the slope or the negative tide area.

• Like 3