Night Hunts = 3 Golds

36 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Love the 21k also! Nice design and high K!!

Thanks Joe, It's only the second 21K ring I have ever found along with a 22K earring several years ago. For a while I didn't see the stamp and thought I got my first 24K piece of jewelry but that bucket lister will have to wait. Yes, I love the design too- it looks hand crafted.

9 minutes ago, okara gold said:

Beautiful ring and a good story too!

Thanks okara gold, Scary to think that I missed that ring on my first pass through that area earlier that morning and then eventually finding it with only minutes to spare on my battery. I'll bet that there are many times that we are so close to success or failure and don't even realize it.

• Like 1

More STELLAR finds like the 21k ! Seems very rare around here that on the minus tides , there are barely any targets. It's weird. Most of my finds are from the towel line on down to the base and maybe 10' beyond.  That's it. I second guess myself constantly on machines. I went out last night and got 1 gold. Then I think: why do I need another machine , this one works just fine ? But still , it's in the back of my mind. What if I had a different machine ? What could I be missing ?

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Compass said:

Thanks okara gold, Scary to think that I missed that ring on my first pass through that area earlier that morning and then eventually finding it with only minutes to spare on my battery. I'll bet that there are many times that we are so close to success or failure and don't even realize it.

I remember once I was hunting the wet sand. First target I dig was a gold ring. I thought boy oh boy... here we go! Three hours later I had one gold ring and one penny. Sometimes it just doesn’t make sense. 😆 missed by an inch...missed by a mile. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, King-Of-Bling said:

More STELLAR finds like the 21k ! Seems very rare around here that on the minus tides , there are barely any targets. It's weird. Most of my finds are from the towel line on down to the base and maybe 10' beyond.  That's it. I second guess myself constantly on machines. I went out last night and got 1 gold. Then I think: why do I need another machine , this one works just fine ? But still , it's in the back of my mind. What if I had a different machine ? What could I be missing ?

Thanks KOB, Funny but when I watch all the people in the water on the beach cams I just know that at low tide that there will be tons of targets on that spot but that just never seems to be the case. Maybe people are being more careful with their jewelry these days or maybe I just over-estimate their tendency to lose things. Most of my targets are also from higher on the slope.

5 minutes ago, Compass said:

Thanks KOB, Funny but when I watch all the people in the water on the beach cams I just know that at low tide that there will be tons of targets on that spot but that just never seems to be the case. Maybe people are being more careful with their jewelry these days or maybe I just over-estimate their tendency to lose things. Most of my targets are also from higher on the slope.

I'm hoping the low winter tides will have some hardpack,  sand removal. Kinda mushy out there now. But we know there's something out there...somewhere 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Compass said:

Maybe people are being more careful with their jewelry these days 

I’ve seen a lot of people out of the corner of my eye checking their earrings or chains or looking casually at their rings when I’m out hunting. I think with so many hunters now and in particular when they are hunting the same beaches day after day, beach goers are being more cautious. Bob K

• Like 1

Fantastic hunts and great detecting on your part.

The 21K ring looks to be more rare than you think, I have only seen a few which is close to that one.

I know it is hand made and a very high end piece that you found. It may be worth more than scrap prices.

Good hunting and good luck on your next trip.

• Thanks 1