Night Hunts = 3 Golds

11 minutes ago, 2Valen said:

Fantastic hunts and great detecting on your part.

The 21K ring looks to be more rare than you think, I have only seen a few which is close to that one.

I know it is hand made and a very high end piece that you found. It may be worth more than scrap prices.

Good hunting and good luck on your next trip.

Thanks 2Valen, Certainly rare for me- I'm averaging 1 every 25 years! Yes, to me it is a work of art and I could never sell it for scrap value.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Seeker said:

Congrats on the great hunts Compass.  That 21k ring is a beauty, is it a spinner?

Thanks Seeker, no, and I'm glad it's not. That would seem gimmicky on a quality ring IMO.

15 hours ago, dogodog said:

Great finds Compass, The F on that ring stands for fabbuloso. Sometimes the late bird finds the worm!!!

Thanks dog, Yes, the late night hunts have been productive and pretty surreal when under a full moon. 

15 hours ago, matt said:

That 21k ring is a beauty! The color looks fantastic.

Thanks Matt, I wear a 14k yellow gold ring and it looks like cheap brass compared to this 21k ring. 

14 hours ago, tvr said:

Love that 21K ring! You had a great couple of nights!

Thanks tvr, I was hoping that it would continue a couple more nights but the window closed up pretty quick. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Beautiful hunts. Sometimes you just hit it right and have great results. Other times you try very hard and just get clad 😄 That's the fun of detecting for me. Waiting for that gold moment is addicting.

Thanks sohn, I agree, a few inches or a few minutes can make all the difference in this hobby and it can be frustrating when you just know that the gold is there but can't find it. It all seems to balance out in the end though.

• Like 1

Great hunt and write-up, and as the others have said that 21K is a beauty.  Great job working that cut.

HH

Mike

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, The Seeker said:

That 21k ring is a beauty, is it a spinner?

So it can double as a fishing lure?  That might explain how it was lost.

Do you West coast detectorists feel envy when the East coast gets all those strong storms?  Well, most of the East coast detectorists have to drive a lot farther to find gold nuggets, so there is some compensation for you....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GB_Amateur said:

So it can double as a fishing lure?  That might explain how it was lost.

Do you West coast detectorists feel envy when the East coast gets all those strong storms?  Well, most of the East coast detectorists have to drive a lot farther to find gold nuggets, so there is some compensation for you....

I can't speak for others GB but, no, I don't envy the storms they get but I do get a little jelly about the old coins and old jewelry that they scoop up! We don't get the massive storms here but we do get storms that can move a lot of sand in a short time. We also get big sand moving swells from storms that never reach us. One such event about 5 years ago generated 15'-20' waves at one of my favorite beaches and the hunting was awesome for a whole week! I am more than ready for the next big one!

• Like 1