Copy/paste from my Facebook group post.

Took my GPX 5000 for a walk today! 5 Roman coins, 1 coin dated 1874, 1 Hammered coin from the 16th Century, 1 half of a buckle (D shape) 15 - 16th Century if I'm correct, 1 big D Buckle from the 14th Century if im correct, 1 round copper objet that appears to be related to a lock (14 - 16th Century if I'm correct) and a little 🐕! Looks like silver but I'm not sure. Another hot day (34°C). These were all very deep targets! The round thingy was at +-50cm! (Really hard soil) The landowner's son saw that i was pulling these from crazy depths, so i told him to bring a backhoe someday... He likes the idea!😎 Can't wait to see what we going to find there!😁 Once again proving the GPX 5000 is a must have for coins and relics! (Something that Gordon Heritage has been doing for ages)😎 Now a little tip for all the coin ans relic hunters around the globe: Instead of buying lot's of machines, just save some cash to get one of these beasts! Just in case you don't know yet, this machine will see trough them Iron Slags or any other mineralization like if "they" weren't there! Roman areas and Medieval areas for example. I'm out!😊 Be lucky!😄 Cheers😁

20200802_222037.jpg

20200802_175220.jpg

20200802_175212.jpg

20200802_142308.jpg

20200802_142316.jpg

• Like 8

Great hunt, beautiful finds, and great skills that you have with your detector.

Good luck on your next trip out.

• Thanks 1

On 8/3/2020 at 3:15 AM, 2Valen said:

Great hunt, beautiful finds, and great skills that you have with your detector.

Good luck on your next trip out.

Hi mate! So sorry for the late reply! I'm still learning the Gpx! 

Good luck for you to! 

Thank you!

Thanks for sharing those great photos and story. Over here in the US we are so limited as to the age of our coins.

Keep finding those great objects!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By F350Platinum
      Got a message rather late Saturday from Chase, he had threatened to come down here and made good on it. 😀 Went to the old farmhouse and the newer house to see what we could find, I was glad to have someone more experienced to check with me. If you've been following I've found 75 coins at this house now, and no silver. I am starting to think those that said it was cherry picked could be right. 😵
      First we hacked around the farmhouse and I was glad we did. I challenged Chase to look where I had been, I will let him tell ya what he dug but it was pretty darn good.
      He showed me some techniques he uses, and ran both an Equinox and a Deus at the newer house. I took mine over a fresh spot, found 2 memorials, and then went back to the front yard and dug 4 more, all masked by other stuff. Pretty much everything we dug was secondary to what we went after!
      All I got was a new quarter, mangled on the surface of the driveway, and 6 memorials, ranging from a 1959 D to a 1974. Dug the address tag, and then some kid toys not shown. Still no silver found at the newer house but... 😉 At least it was a good day for Chase. Made it worth the trip.
      At one point we discussed the Equinox issue with coins on edge. I'm thinking of dusting off the "old" Garrett Ace 400 and trying it here. 😀 Had a blast! It's always good to put fresh eyes and more experience on one of my permissions. Nothing wrong with humility now and again 😳
    • By kac
      Short run at one my usual stomping grounds. This time I hit the lower section near the power lines to see how the Apex handles emi. My buddies Nox 800 and my Kruzer aren't fond of that area as it gets noisy. Not bad enough to quit but enough to be annoying. The Apex handled it well and separation is great amongst the trash. 2nd hit of the day was the 14k ring with yellow stone, not sure what the stone is. The other good hit was the 1871 Canadian 10c. When I first dug it I thought it was a barber not sure and just tossed it in my pouch. Got too hot to keep going so called it day shortly after.

• By Goldpick
      This was a hunt prior to finding the silver thimble in my previous topic.  I have been detecting this house site on and off for a few years now and it still offers some excellent finds if you are patient & persistent.  Most finds have been made with the Deus and HF coil using the Hot program, with only minor adjustments made with the reactivity and disc if the iron is unbearable.  The property was occupied from the 1850's through to the mid 1900's sometime, and has thrown up plenty of Victorian era coins, relics and jewellery in the past.  
      Probably my favourite find on this trip was the large Ironmonger's token with a beautiful patina, I really don't find many of these in my part of the world - moreso on the Victorian goldfields.  Anyway, hope you enjoy the pics.

• By F350Platinum
      Got an inch of rain yesterday, and probably the best weather today for metal detecting. Mid 70s and breezy. Told my wife I was gonna make a day of it, and did I.
      Spent the entire day hunting the "new-ish" house front yard. It's only about a half acre, but the last time I just hit all the easy spots and I got 32 coins.
      Today I got 37. Two wheats, a 1941 and a 1952 D. One quarter, 7 dimes from 1966 to 1981, mostly 1967.  Two 1970s nickels in one spot, and 4 Zincolns. The rest were memorials from 1959 to 1981. 
      Dug 2 rings, one gold electroplated (says that in the band and most of the plating is gone) and one broken aluminum ring that says LOVE. That was the last target of the day. The small dark ring is a steel pipe cutoff - it was a solid 34! Broken zinc toy pistol grip, a flattened lipstick tube with engraving. A small aluminum plate with stamped diamond shapes and  "D".
      Now for the interesting stuff. Here's a closeup of the ring:
      Next is the Milk Bone dog tag with the owners' name on the back.
      Supposedly these are from the 1950s. 
      Pin with rays on it that probably held a coin, I stuck one of the dimes in it for size. It looks like it was plated as well.
      Some sort of brass finial, threaded inside:
      And the find of the day, an 1897 IHP. Never thought I'd find one here.
      As close as I'm coming to it, I'm surprised and a bit annoyed that I haven't found a single silver Roosevelt. Anyone know what the ID would be? 🤬
      And for those of you that don't think productive hunts by experienced people produce much trash, here's the days' take, I'm pretty comfortable with the Equinox now:
      I was in "dig everything" mode today. Didn't skip much.
    • By Raphis
      Hello Friends,
      My Oldie finds have been building up for the past month or two, so I decided to make another post.  All of these finds were with my Nox 800 from around 10 different parks in my locale.  These parks have been detected by numerous hunters around me many dozens of times over the years.  I’ve been detecting them for close to 15 years now.  All the parks are very trashy, and most times my hunting protocol is to pick thru the the trash and dig the deeper, higher conductive targets, in addition to digging all quarter signals regardless of depth.  I’ve hunted these parks so many times, I know the depths of the oldie targets, which range from 6-9+”.  I’ll also dig the occasional nickel signal.  I have some hunt buddies that prefer digging all clad signals regardless of depth, but that hasn’t been my style of hunting for decades now.

It has been a very hot and dry summer in my area (dryer this year than previous years), and I have limited my hunts to just a few hours at a time.  It works for me because I can’t stay away from home too long anyways since I take care of my Dad (preparing his meals and medications daily). 

Thanks for looking! Good luck on your next hunt!
      Raphis
      Dan

• By Dancer
      First time for the Big en in this field.    With very little fresh drops last couple years the coins have been diminishing.   First time I broke $3 in there this year.    Only 2 shallow coins (same hole) the rest from about 5 to 7.5 inches.    Trash is getting scarce too. I've taken everything out of this field threw the years Except Gold.   Had to call the hunt, temp on the field got between 90 & 100.   So not wanting to join the buried, I bailed.  Pic shows today's hunts totals.  $3.08 , 21 coins.  no bling, little trash.   Using a nice plug cutter and the Tarsacci 12".    That 12 inch was hunting over old ground I've hunted with other machines including the Tarsacci with standard coil.    So there's that.