2016 Detector Rumors ?

Hello Steve,

I think it was about this time last year you posted your thoughts on new detectors for the upcoming year.  Any insight on new PI or multi-frequency detector for 2016?  For the most part, it seemed like 2015 was the "year of the low end detector".

it seemed like 2015 was the "year of the low end detector".

The year of the low end detector? 2015 is the year Minelab released the amazingly popular GPZ 7000 - a $10,000 detector, at a price point of roughly quadruple the next highest priced detector by anyone other than Minelab, and close to double Minelab's previous high. So 2015 was the year of the extremely high priced detector that broke records for cost. Yet the GPZ is very popular and shows what folks will pay for high quality, top flight performance.

• Like 1

Hopefully the GPZ have got the manufacturers other than ML motivated towards new tech and can come up with something to compete with the GPZ, a tall ask I fear.

Yeah, 2015 was the year of the GPZ. But it was also the year of the Minelab Go-Find, Teknetics Digitek, Fisher F22, and White's TreasureMaster. Lots of people chasing the low end.

Not much has changed since I last stirred the rumor pot in December at http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/478-best-metal-detector-rumors-2015/ with the exception of the Minelab announcements. As expected the top end offerings from First Texas are slipping into 2016 and for me personally are the units I am most curious about. The Makro Gold Racer will still happen before year end I am sure. Garrett and White's are secretive as ever so who knows. And Tesoro I still don't care - looks like Nokta/Makro has supplanted them as the people to look to for bang for the buck.

• Like 1

The Deus v4 will be interesting to see but the one I am really looking forward to is AKA's new multi frequency unit, the Intronik, they are claiming its deeper than a GPX 5000 with full discrimination.  If the AKA Signum is anything to go by it should be one serious machine.

• Like 2

You Gotta stop thinking like that Coz who's gonna do the digging :D  :D

She usually gets tired after a while and calls me over to help dig a deep one out. At first I used to get annoyed ...especially if it sounded like trash. Then she would get upset that I was annoyed with having to help her. She threatened to not go any more. I brought up the fact that I bought a expensive trailer just so she would be comfortable. And that I would  have been happy sleeping in the back of my truck eating frozen burritos. It did not go well. :D  So now I'm happy to help her dig her deep trash targets. And it's all worth it when I see the look on her face when she finally digs a nugget. She has  gotten better at digging and target recovery and I have to say that I enjoy that nice warm trailer and her home cooked meals a lot more then the back of my truck and those frozen burritos. :)

strick

• Like 9

She usually gets tired after a while and calls me over to help dig a deep one out. At first I used to get annoyed ...especially if it sounded like trash. Then she would get upset that I was annoyed with having to help her. She threatened to not go any more. I brought up the fact that I bought a expensive trailer just so she would be comfortable. And that I would  have been happy sleeping in the back of my truck eating frozen burritos. It did not go well. :D  So now I'm happy to help her dig her deep trash targets. And it's all worth it when I see the look on her face when she finally digs a nugget. She has  gotten better at digging and target recovery and I have to say that I enjoy that nice warm trailer and her home cooked meals a lot more then the back of my truck and those frozen burritos. :)

strick

That is a Luxury you need to keep working on, for sure,

I would like to see more ladies mixing it up and a machine that is Lighter on them would be a major Bonus, Being men we tend to hide the fact that some machines Tiring,