Took The GMX To The Beach Again

The last time I took it to the  beach I found only 1 penny  while my  friends found about 3.50 each plus 1 had a silver ring.It would not be hard to beat this total so off to a thin but  very junky beach   we went(different beach then other time).There were bottle caps   galore and junk from the many fires this beach has at night plus what is dropped during the day.There was a good cut along the shore and I dug the  nice zip sounds in this black sand section and got about 10 coins and 5 were    nickels  plus a junk iron ring.In  5 sens. setting the black sand would over load without there even being a   target sometimes  . It was that hot in this section.I then hunted in the tan sand and got a clean gold color chain that was iron.Toward the end of the hunt I got a  nice tight zip and out came a moon 10k hoop earring at 1.6 grams.It is the first gold me and my friends have found on the dry sand with    over 100 hours between us in hunting time.The GMX redeems it  self on the beach and gives me 10 gold to be in the double digit gold club with OBN  but  still way behind him.I took it in a pond like area by a creek mouth and the machine did not act any different which is good.I might take it in the water next. I will try to get a  picture tomorrow. I have to learn how to do it. 

• Like 5

Good hunt. Sounds like you liking that detector.

How does the GMX handle in the wet? Do you lose a lot of depth with a high frequency compared to say 5-15khz machine?

1 hour ago, kac said:

How does the GMX handle in the wet? Do you lose a lot of depth with a high frequency compared to say 5-15khz machine?

I don't really know since all the targets were less then 2 inches in the   moist black sand.When I took it in the creek mouth I was not hunting but was seeing how stable it was up to 2 feet.The black  sand section is  usually Infinium territory. 

• Like 1

I took the Gmx to 2 beaches today.At the first I only got 11 cent and my  buddy got 1.25 with his Nox.At the second beach my buddy got about $6 and 3 matchbox cars plus a  junk earring.I got only 22 cents but a 8.5 gram .925 tennis  brac.  with BS hallmark and clear stones  , a clad brac. with trinkets, a junk medallion,and a junk earring.I only  dug shallow targets and my friend said most of his coins were deep. Gmx strikes again even though I did not get many coins.    

50 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Sounds like a good time to me! 8.5 grams and the way Silver is climbing can't go wrong finding silver!

It is as clean as a  whistle so no way I would scrap it but the rising price makes it worth more.The Gmx would scream like a seagull if you tried it in your big bay because of the salt.I would have gone in the water but there was small craft warning and I thought it was going to be   rougher.I wish you could get some cleaner silver but then you would have to stay out of the water.

Post a picture.

You're making me wish I hadn't sold my Gmx. I miss it. I sold it to quick. Now I'm using the Equinox 800 with the 6" coil. I'm going to sell my other Equinox 800 w/ 11" coil. I bought it in June this year and used it one time in the water with no leaks.

Were you using the 6" concentric coil? That's a sweet coil.

Yes, I  was using the concentric.I went to the beach I got only 1 penny 2 month ago today and I only  got a penny today again.The charcoal hot rocks are every where on the beach and the size of the beach makes this combo not work to good.I have a little hand sifter I got from a crock pot that has small  holes and I went in the shallows today to see how the beach was.I only went knee deep because I could not get wet and the storms seem to bring most of the light junk on to the beach.I got a nice zip hit and got a clad ring on my first water dig with this machine.It was  very stable  when I hunted up to my knees.It will be easy digging in this fine sand.I will plan a hunt here.